Anybody know who this Music Library is?

Home Forums Cue Sheet Problems Anybody know who this Music Library is?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    BrianDWatson
    Participant

Hey all,

So checking my cue sheets on ASCAP today and noticed I had a placement on Undercover Boss which is cool. When I looked, I saw that the publisher was my own (another good reason to register all your tracks with your own publishing company) so either the track hadn’t been retitled, or it lost it’s retitled suffix in the cue sheet process or they somehow licensed it from me with out me knowing.

Anyway, I looked at the other cues to see if I recognized the other publishers to deduce if I knew who might’ve placed it, and the vast majority literally all of the other pieces are published by M2A / Music Airs. I googled them and looked on here and couldn’t find anything. Anyone know which library that might be? Or what scenario might lead to a placement like this. Very strange!

Brian

#24372 Reply
    Mike Marino
    Participant

Although I don’t know who they are I’d imagine that they might be a sub-publisher of one of the other libraries you might be working with.

#24374 Reply
    Advice

I did a search on ascap (ACE search) and came up with this. This is public information. Hope this helps! 😀

M2A MUSIC

Address:
    C/O EMI APRIL MUSIC INC
    C/O SONY/ATV MUSIC PUBLISHING
    424 CHURCH STREET
    SUITE 1200
    NASHVILLE, TN 37219

(615)726-8300
    COPYRIGHTADMIN@EMIMUSICPUB.COM

#24375 Reply
    BrianDWatson
    Participant

Cool thank you, I totally forgot about looking stuff up on the ACE search! Still doesn’t ring a bell. I guess the strangest thing is that every cue on that show is from them except mine! Oh well. Hopefully it pays out okay, ha!

Brian

#24376 Reply
    Paolo

the strangest thing is that every cue on that show is from them except mine!…. Hopefully it pays out okay, ha!

Just a heads-up …but don’t shoot the messenger!

I had a similar situation with BMI. Then a couple of royalty statements later, BMI made a correction and deducted the amount that should have gone to the publisher from my royalty payment.

So it could be an error yet to be corrected but hopefully it’s what you think it is. Let us know.

#24378 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Could the track have been licensed from an RF library?

#24379 Reply
    BrianDWatson
    Participant

Paolo, thanks for the FYI! I had a friend who had a song that was the same title as a Kelly Clarkson song and he got a 4k check from Spotify (becuase people accientally played his song) but then had to pay it back!

Michael, I’m not sure, I haven’t put that song in any RF Libraries.

I mostly want to find out since it’s a network show and would like to send that library more cues 🙂

-Brian

#24380 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

I had a friend who had a song that was the same title as a Kelly Clarkson song and he got a 4k check from Spotify (becuase people accientally played his song) but then had to pay it back!

Sorry to get off topic, but that doesn’t seem fair! His song was streamed, so he should get paid. Don’t see how it matters why it was streamed. I wonder if the Spotify agreement has some kind of clause that says you don’t get paid if we feel the customer didn’t really mean to play your song. Doesn’t seem possible…

#24381 Reply
    BrianDWatson
    Participant

That’s what I said! Doesn’t seem legal.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Anybody know who this Music Library is?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us