ASCAP – Cue sheet Inquiry

Home Forums PROs ASCAP – Cue sheet Inquiry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SabalSounds
    Participant

I got a response from ASCAP today from the inquiry I submitted to them on 10/03/2016 regarding a cue sheet in my account showing usage of my song for 1:35 on a syndicated show air date in March of 2016. There were $0 royalties in my account for the recent Q1 distribution.

The reply from ASCAP was:
    “At this moment, there have been no performance data (air schedules) submitted to ASCAP by the TV station.”

Does this mirror anyone else’s experience with ASCAP? Also, is there a guide on ASCAP’s site to explain the ASCAP Series codes and ASCAP Program codes?

Thanks SabalSounds

#26059 Reply
    Vizzahh
    Participant

Yes that sounds about right. I have main themes for 2 shows which aired entire seasons during this Q1 pay period… $0. I haven’t gotten a response back from them yet but I imagine it will be the same as the one you received. Calling ASCAP and speaking to someone gets you the automatic answer: “Wait till next quarter and see if it shows up then…” what a joke.

#26063 Reply
    SabalSounds
    Participant

Thanks @Vizzahh this is all new to me. Apparently a cue sheet by itself isn’t enough to get paid. The TV station has to also submit an air schedule. Is this what is meant by ASCAP’s survey? TV stations submitting performance data/air schedules?

#26065 Reply
    Vizzahh
    Participant
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: ASCAP – Cue sheet Inquiry
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us