Ascap Distribution October 3, 2016 (Q1 2016 Writers)

Home Forums PROs Ascap Distribution October 3, 2016 (Q1 2016 Writers)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    SabalSounds
    Participant

Hi fellow ASCAP writers! Just curious how this payout goes for you. Increase/decrease?

Best of luck.

SabalSounds

#25990 Reply
    UpFromTheSkies
    Participant

Increase for me due to some network placement action.

#25991 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Last year was small as it was my first year getting royalties. Much better this year. No other quarter touches July though.

#25992 Reply
    SabalSounds
    Participant

Interesting…I have a cue sheet in my account with a March air date for a syndicated show (1:35 background instrumental) but YTD royalties = $0.00.

I’m new to the cue game so any advice is welcome.

#25998 Reply
    Jay

not one of my better quarters but I was surprised by a CBS placement that payed me almost $100.00 for one spin..I could use a bunch of those 🙂

#26000 Reply
    SabalSounds
    Participant

So how often @Golds @ChuckMott @Jay have you not been paid for cue sheets that posted in your ASCAP account?

Never, occasionally, all the time?

I submitted an inquiry to ASCAP.

SabalSounds

#26003 Reply
    Chuck Mott

HAven’t really looked to be honest.

#26004 Reply
    SabalSounds
    Participant

@ChuckMott ha thanks for the reply. I will keep my nose to the grindstone then and hope that the surveys/algorithms etc find favor with me eventually.

#26005 Reply
    UpFromTheSkies
    Participant

I’ve had issues with cue sheets not being paid. It’s something I believe you have to address immediately. Recently, I had a situation where Ascap wouldn’t honor a payment for a cue sheet which was submitted over a year after the initial airing

#26006 Reply
    Jay

@Jay have you not been paid for cue sheets that posted in your ASCAP account?

Never, occasionally, all the time?

the way ASCAP pays is so sketchy I really don’t know if they’re not paying me for cue sheets in my account…but I can tell you from what I see @ Tunesat that they miss a lot…I stumble upon placements on my own as well (no cue sheets).. I’m missing out on probably 30 to 40% of the revenue that should come my way..it’s pretty frustrating…makes me want to quit @ times..the current system is a JOKE..they could fix it but they don’t want to..

#26008 Reply
    SabalSounds
    Participant

Thanks @Golds and @Jay for your candid responses.

I’m missing out on probably 30 to 40% of the revenue that should come my way..it’s pretty frustrating…makes me want to quit @ times..the current system is a JOKE..they could fix it but they don’t want to..

I’ve only been in the library game a year and can already totally understand the frustration. The little bit of placements I’ve gotten I’m extremely thankful for yet it is a hard pill to swallow to see a properly filed cue sheet showing 1:35 usage of my song be ignored.

I’ll follow up when I get the final answer from ASCAP. I suppose there’s a chance they could say the payment was so small it wouldn’t round up to $.01 haha

#26013 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

Mine was about average. I expected more so I was a bit disappointed. I was surprised to see royalties for a promo on CBS that aired 9 times. I was unaware of it. It was 10 seconds long and paid between $3 and $9 each depending on the time of day. Hopefully it continued into the next quarter.
    Now I will hope next months international payout is strong. That one is always a surprise.

#26015 Reply
    allinthesong

Increase for me-network placement

#26016 Reply
    StevieBlunder
    Participant

I got more than I expected. A couple of reality show placements from 2 and 3 years ago still generate.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Reply #25990 in Ascap Distribution October 3, 2016 (Q1 2016 Writers)
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us