Audiosparx and Pay Per Click (PPC)

Home Forums Commentary Audiosparx and Pay Per Click (PPC)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    ArtistsR1st

This is the answer from AS I didn’t want to hear, it only validates my concerns and thoughts on the matter LOUD and clear. No use even answering to this as it’s very clear what PPC is about no matter what Lee may say. [ I did read about how PPC works ] Contrary to what I said in an earlier post on this thread [ I was caught up in the heat of the moment ], I will continue to work with AS but my earlier renewed enthusiasm is gone. It’s too bad. Oh well, have to keep on going with a little new turn here and there. Have a great New Year everyone , may 2013 bring a ton of placements 🙂  PS. Art, I’m glad you posted what you did, I’ve leaned a few more  negative things about the PPC issue.

Art Munson
    Keymaster

AudioSparx

Hi All,
    We appreciate everyone’s thoughts on any program we start up here at AudioSparx.
    Our pay-per-click Track Campaign service simply offers vendors here a marketing tool they can utilize to get a brand new, dynamite track quickly in front of our clients with substantial visibility.

Actually no. What you are doing is a not a good service to your clients. With PPC your clients will find first the tracks that fall under the PPC campaign not necessarily the best ones for the client itself.
    Manipulating a market like this is unfair and morally wrong. I know we’re all used to being under these circumstances, but   it’s been proven more and more often that our economy cannot be based on fantasy marketing any longer.
    Content alone should be what drives a purchase.
    With the introduction of PPC, you should give all your existing vendors the choice to cancel any agreement they have in place with you.

House

As I stated earlier I am very glad that AS has brought back their PPC program.

Whether you agree or disagree with the program to call it “unfair and morally wrong.” is   quite a stretch.  I enjoy lively exchanges of opinion but just because you agree with a business decision doesn’t make it morally wrong.

ArtistsR1st

Just because you agree with that little old lady getting robbed down the street doesn’t make it ………. aaaahhh , LOL !  just joking 🙂  . #tag, it’s was nice to see your last comment and knowing someone else here shares my view point. You know , when you get down to it, is it really going to matter anyway about a year from now ? AS is already up to 517,000 tracks and growing rapidly. it’s going to get to the point where PPC isn’t going help anyway, IMHO. And then some other system is going to be introduced and on and on it will go 🙂  This will be my last comment on this thread, when it comes to AS I’ll just spend my time thinking of more clever keywords, tags, extended keywords, etc. So when I do get a placement I’ll feel really good about it , based upon my own personal beliefs, nothing less nothing more. And yes, I do get placements on AS, not a whole lot but not too bad considering the amount of tracks I have there. Have a great New year everyone 🙂

Jay

I’m seriously thinking about not submitting to AS anymore…it’s depressing to look at my stats and see hundreds of pieces of music go unheard on a monthly basis – yes…I did all the metadata and spent hours upon hours on it…my stuff sells @ other places and AS is a very time consuming place to sell..i’ll give Musiccult a little time and then if I have no sales i’ll opt out of that and get my publishing back as well..all I ever sell there are sound effects – my music doesn’t even get listened to and yes I have inst versions/stings/bumpers and all that – PPC (and programs like it) are only going to give me even less exposure there..i’ve been with them for a few years now and it seems to be just a waste of time….I write/record a lot and can’t afford to waste my time..Jay

Jay

Just heard some more bad news about AS from a top seller there..40% of nothing is still nothing 🙂

Kenny
    Participant

Merry christmas to all  of you.

Still in holiday mood here, but there was a lot of good reading in this thread. I think MichahelL had one of the best posts, and this really has to be seen as a way of promoting your music in a warehouse. And good promotion is usually not free in any business.

I can`t think of any business in this world that is 100% fair, and I really can`t see any good reasons why RF music business should be any different. Some put more money into marketing than others, and some don`t have the financial capacity but focus on better quality instead. Either way you don`t have any guarantees for success.

I think PPC in general is good to have as an option. But the cost vs results of this service  is something each and one must consider for them selves.

I also deeply believe that AS really has to make it clear to their clients what is paid advertising.

MichaelL
    Participant

Just heard some more bad news about AS from a top seller there..40% of nothing is still nothing 

That’s a loaded statement. Care to fill us in? (or send me a PM).

Cheers,

Michael

Michael
    Participant

Puzzled me too but I thought Jay was maybe being a bit facetious.

Send me a PM too Jay,it would be very useful to know what’s going on.

Michael

Jay

Go check the AS thread here in the paid section for a taste…lots going on there besides what i’ve heard…

Jay

and just to clarify..what I’ve heard is just about little or no plays (all of a sudden) and real slow sales for people who were doing well…nothing bad about the business itself..

MichaelL
    Participant

and just to clarify..what I’ve heard is just about little or no plays (all of a sudden) and real slow sales for people who were doing well…nothing bad about the business itself..

I wouldn’t read too much into that, or make a generalization about AudioSparx. Nothing lasts for ever, in this business. People who are doing well now, will not necessarily do well in the future. Catalogs, particularly “trendy” catalogs, have a shelf-life. At some point, for example, fewer clients will be interested in U2 or Coldplay sound-alikes, and those sales will drop. Demand changes with the seasons. The global economy is weak, Maybe buyers are looking for that same tracks on less expensive sites. There are any number of reasons.

The one thing you can’t do is upload a few hundred tracks and assume that you’re set for life.

_Michael

Jay

if that was aimed at me Michael i’ve hardly done that..i’m recording new material as I type this and write in 5 styles..my gripe is i’ve done everything they tell you to do there (and my stuff sells other places) but I get next to no listens @ AS – i’ve tweaked the metadata,changed categories and everything else you could imagine to get more attention there…i’m in year 4 w/them and read everything in the knowledge base at least twice – I read all the emails and opt into all the programs – I just want to be found in the damn search engine…is that too much to ask? Things should be picking up there for me as i’ve been there for a while but instead they’re going backwards – now they roll PPC out AGAIN after stopping that nonsense once already – everything I hear and read about AS lately has “me” really wondering if there’s a future there – i’ll probably just leave my sound effects there and take my music out if this keeps up – Jay

Art Munson
    Keymaster

Jay – i’ll probably just leave my sound effects there and take my music out if this keeps up – Jay

Well as far as I inderstood it you can’t just take stuff out from AS before a 5 year period, so Jay plese let us know about your progress with that, as I’m sure others here are feeling the same way as you about leaving tracks on there ,now that PPC is on…

Art Munson
    Keymaster

i’ve tweaked the metadata, changed categories and everything else you could imagine to get more attention there…i’m in year 4 w/them and read everything in the knowledge base

Hey Jay, your situation is similar to mine. I know I could do more at AS but I do tweak the metadata, change categories, listen to the top sellers, upload new tracks, etc. It’s hard to stay engaged with AS when after a few years and over 600 tracks (includes alts) it amounts to about $115 per month. This is way below what I get from other RF sites and a miniscule percentage of my PRO monies.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
  • The topic ‘Audiosparx and Pay Per Click (PPC)’ is closed to new replies.
X

Forgot Password?

Join Us