BMI Statements

Home Forums PROs BMI Statements

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    MichaelL
    Participant

Oh wait….
    I just noticed that I got paid for HULU….

Eleven episodes of one series (originally broadcast on FOX), theme music and BG music about 22 minutes of music total… $.37 (yes, 37 cents!)

Welcome to streaming. 😀

#20898 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

So how do I know if a track Tunesat detects was or wasn’t licensed royalty-free? Or can I still try and get BMI to check into it? I had a snippet of a track used twice in a recent NBC Sports NASCAR Hall of Fame special and wondered about something like that.

#20899 Reply
    SongLoft
    Participant

I’ve had an increase in my BMI statements for a solid 10 years until these last few quarters ( since the Nielsen Rating thing was implemented )
    I’d say I’m roughly down 50% from last year and it is very concerning (how could that not be!)

So unless you’re getting placements on major network shows , is any meaningful income from cable placements a thing of the past ?

ASCAP does the same thing right ?
    Is SESAC following this ?

#20900 Reply
    guscave

Last Qtr was pretty depressing for me. It took me back to what I was making 2 years go in royalties. This Qtr it looked a lot better, but not at the same rate as a year ago.

And yes, I have a bunch of HULU, Netflix airings that pay “VERY” little. If the streaming dollars were anywhere near what TV performances pay, I could probably retired 😉

#20901 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

So unless you’re getting placements on major network shows , is any meaningful income from cable placements a thing of the past ?

I guess you have to define “meaningful”. My recent statement showed 22 performances on “The Wahlburgers” for $100 on A&E. Not really considered a major network but it is a better paying cable channel.

#20902 Reply
    GaryW
    Participant

Mine was pretty pitiful as well. Placements in some cable shows that netted me a whopping $24.00……..

#20903 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

ASCAP does the same thing right ?
    Is SESAC following this ?

I wouldn’t bet my future on backend royalties anymore.

I am sorry to hear that some of you have had a drop in royalty payments. That is very frustrating.

I don’t get my ASCAP writer’s royalties for another few weeks, but I did receive my domestic publisher’s share today. The payout was much, much lower than it was two years ago.

#20904 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

My recent statement showed 22 performances on “The Wahlburgers” for $100 on A&E. Not really considered a major network but it is a better paying cable channel.

22 X $100 or 22 performances totaling $100?

#20905 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

22 X $100 or 22 performances totaling $100?

22=$100.

#20906 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

“I wouldn’t bet my future on backend royalties anymore.”

Not sure I agree with that but we will see.

#20939 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

“I wouldn’t bet my future on backend royalties anymore.”

Not sure I agree with that but we will see.

I don’t think backend royalties will go away. I think everyone will work harder for less or to stay even.

#20940 Reply
    guscave

I wouldn’t bet my future on backend royalties anymore.

I can’t say I agree with that either. Let’s remember that it wasn’t that long ago that we weren’t getting

any

money from streaming services like Hulu and Netflix.

The problem is that the distribution process has changed within the PRO’s we’re seeing less money than before. However I still know many composers that are making well over $50- $75k a year in bakend royalties.

#20941 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

I can’t say I agree with that either. Let’s remember that it wasn’t that long ago that we weren’t getting

any
    money from streaming services like Hulu and Netflix.

Except that streaming is paying 100 times less for the same shows than broadcast.

EDIT: just recalculated…streaming is paying 1,000 times less for the same shows than broadcast.

#20945 Reply
    Paolo
    Participant

streaming is paying 1,000 times less for the same shows than broadcast.

HULU/NETFLIX has been on the rise – though gradually – from one figure (first payments) to low three figures. So hopefully/optimistically this trend continues.

#20958 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

On my ASCAP publishing statement today, I made a whopping $0.01 from Apple iRadio. Hey, it’s a start, right?!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
Reply To: BMI Statements
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us