Composer links for MLR members?

Home Forums General Questions Composer links for MLR members?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Anyone care to share links to their music? I often listen to other composers tracks on soundcloud, and listen to their music in various libraries, but it seems most are hidden from. Even soundcloud isn’t the best forum to listen to most of my best stuff as I don’t often see the point of uploading EVERYTHING I do anymore, but the vast majority of my stuff, unless it is exclusive, can be found on AS. And even there I foresee the day where I am picky about what I upload there, as it is becoming clearer to me what works there and what doesn’t.

Anyway, links? Or your artist name and site/library where we can find your music?

For sake of argument, do some folks have a clear reason why they wouldn’t publicly share their music? Or use a pseudonym so that when some curious composer (such as myself) attempts to listen to your stuff it is nowhere to be found?

#19642 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Scroll down to the MLR Jukebox, in the right hand column, for some examples.

#19643 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Thanks Art. Just being nosey now but at any given time how many subscribers do you think you have on MLR? For the record, great site and a great value for the lifetime subscription, cheaper then most ” pay to play services” charge for one years service and, excuse me for saying so, far more valuable.

#19650 Reply
    Frequencee
    Participant

I’m with you Chuck. New to the library game myself I am always looking to hear established composers work especially those who are actively placing their music in the same genres I work in. I can be found on AS, artist name Frequencee. I’ll be sure to check out your page as well.

Chris

#19652 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

Here is a link to my Soundcloud page: https://soundcloud.com/desire_inspires

#19653 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Just being nosey now but at any given time how many subscribers do you think you have on MLR?

I think that info would fall under proprietary information. 🙂

#19663 Reply
    Happy Ears
    Participant

I personally dislike when libraries have composer names listed publicly in an open to all platform. It makes it harder to negotiate fees for high end projects ex producing a record or scoring high end projects, when they can google your name and a some old comedy cue pops up in a stock music store with prices listed. Especially if they are used to working with music that is produced like real records and not familiar with library music.
    A library once made me “Composer of the month” with a picture and write up and I was completely horrified and pulled my catalog (which also included some old crappy cues). 🙂

I really appreciate the anonymity of MLR which helps us discuss things more honestly I think but I also respect everyone who is open with their Identity.

#19666 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

I personally dislike when libraries have composer names listed publicly in an open to all platform. It makes it harder to negotiate fees for high end projects ex producing a record or scoring high end projects, when they can google your name and a some old comedy cue pops up in a stock music store with prices listed. Especially if they are used to working with music that is produced like real records and not familiar with library music.

I never heard of that being a barrier to entry.

Wouldn’t a company be better off judging you by what you submit to them instead of some old music placed somewhere else. Music libraries seem busy enough just going over demos from composers. I would not imagine most of them doing Google searches to exclude composers.

#19670 Reply
    macaent1
    Participant

D_I, I believe he meant the clients google you not necessarily the libraries.

#19675 Reply
    Happy Ears
    Participant

Macent1 is correct. So a specific problem I had when I negotied my fee for producing a album for an Artist was that the manager and rec label found a bunch of prodution music cues online in a online store which made them doubht if I was the right person (because of the genre) for the job and I’d imagine seeing music on sale for $$$ in a stock music store when Im trying to get $$$$$$ is not too impressive. This made me worry about what projects I might miss out on and if I’de ever know about it. Also an agent or library who trying to pitch your music/talent face the same challenge. As we know there are some libraries that don’t want to work with composers that work for NE libraries too. So that why I prefer to wrtie for libraries that have closed systems.

Also yes epecially if u do work for the bigger buy out libraries with high buy-out fees, they will google you.

BTW if it helps to understand my view, I was on staff fulltime by mutiple US based Libraries for 11 years before becoming a freelancer.

#19677 Reply
    Mike Marino
    Participant

@DI: Help Yo Selfie; nicely done! 🙂

#19679 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

@DI: Help Yo Selfie; nicely done! 🙂

Thank you!

#19680 Reply
    Chuck Mott

Impressive collection DI, nice done.

#19681 Reply
    Chuck Mott

Ditto Frequencee, I suspect your stuff will do well, very good.

#19684 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

here’s my soundcloud page;

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
Reply To: Composer links for MLR members?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us