Critique and Suggestions Welcome | Highly Appreciated

Home Forums Critiques Critique and Suggestions Welcome | Highly Appreciated

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    gschmittling
    Participant

Art – Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve downloaded the spectrum analyzer and so far so good!

Euca – Thanks! Drums have given me a hard time so I’ll definitely be giving that a try.

I have no doubt I’ll always be learning about the mixing/mastering process, but I’m hoping to get to a place where I’m at least comfortable with setting up a decent mix to send to libraries.

I’ve been putting it off for years and jumped in a couple of months back. Granted, I’ve always recorded… just always passed the hard stuff to those more qualified.

I’ll be giving these suggestions a shot. I appreciate everyone taking the time to give me some feedback!

#23671 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Hi Art, you use Sonar, don’t you? Each tracks Pro Channel EQ has a spectrum analyzer built in. Just expand the eq to its large view and you’ll see it.

#23673 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Each tracks Pro Channel EQ has a spectrum analyzer built in. Just expand the eq to its large view and you’ll see it.

Yes, I know that. I’ve been using Span for so long I’m just use to doing it that way. Plus the Pro Channel large view will pop closed without the slightest provocation.

#23682 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

There’s also an analyzer you can put in a tracks effect bin, if you haven’t seen it. I think it’s Direct X | Cakewalk | Analyzer. I use it to compare two tracks to each other, because you can have multiple instances open.

#23683 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

There’s also an analyzer you can put in a tracks effect bin, if you haven’t seen it. I think it’s Direct X

I have Sonar Platinum. Does Sonar still support Direct X? I thought they dropped support for that.

#23684 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Hi Art, I’m X3 Producer. My work for hire writing jobs have been steady, so not a good time to upgrade software. Plus, I don’t feel like wrapping my head around the subscription model right now for my non-internet connected computer.

Anyway, the plug-in is actually call Analyst not Analyzer. Looks like it was dropped some time ago. CW Forum Mine must still show up because I don’t uninstall previous Sonar versions.

#23705 Reply
    BrianDWatson
    Participant

Chuck, thanks for the recommendations, the recording revolution videos are excellent, learning a lot of stuff! Very concise and informative!

#23800 Reply
    PeteJ
    Participant

“When I listen to the old mixes I think to myself, “What was I thinking!”” – Art.

One day I hope to come back to an old mix (from last year, last week or even sometimes from just yesterday) and not think this.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
Reply To: Critique and Suggestions Welcome | Highly Appreciated
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us