cue totals missing from ascap?

Home Forums General Questions cue totals missing from ascap?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Greg

Just wondering if anyone else hear is missing all their cue sheet totals in ascap member services.

#25598 Reply
    Advice

Yup… Their systems must be having a problem. I’ve seen this from time to time. No worries, nothing is lost.

It could be that it crashed counting my royalties from Toddlers and Tiaras placements. The system chokes on numbers below .0000000000000000001 😉

#25609 Reply
    Jay

3 days now for me..happens from time to time but it’s never been this long..

#25610 Reply
    Andrei
    Participant

For everyone…ASCAP cuesheets down, yes.

#25611 Reply
    Advice

We are SERIOUSLY a bunch of junkies!!!!! 😛

#25614 Reply
    gigdude
    Participant

Yes we are! I check mine every day.

#25615 Reply
    SabalSounds
    Participant

Same here and it’s been well over a week since mine disappeared. Glad to see others posting about it here.

How concerned should we be that the only way to validate payment is gone? :>O

#25619 Reply
    Greg

Breathe easy folks. The cues are back 🙂

#25622 Reply
    Jay

mine are back..

#25623 Reply
    Blind
    Participant

Yeah, they are back up. Some of the numbers/counts are wrong, but they are there at least and I’m sure they will get that sorted out too.

#25624 Reply
    Advice

How concerned should we be that the only way to validate payment is gone? :>O

You’re not SERIOUSLY concerned that because their site was down for a few days, your payments are in jeopardy???

#25628 Reply
    SabalSounds
    Participant

@Advice I was half kidding…so just lower case seriously!

#25629 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

“Cue sheet totals” are only half of the battle. The only thing that a cue sheet does is tell your PRO that a given amount of your music was used in a certain program. It does not provide performance data.

It’s up to ASCAP to detect the number of actual performances of that program and properly credit you for all of those performances, something on which they regularly fall short.

Having composed a number of TV theme songs, I was able to track ASCAP’s performance with respect to the same tracks, same shows, and same stations for more than a decade. Their survey accuracy in detecting performances was about 60 to 70%.

#25630 Reply
    Advice

@advice I was half kidding…so just lower case seriously!

HA! Only HALF kidding… (Sorry for the upper case!). I just wanted to make sure that nobody thought there was any possible relationship between ASCAPs on line cue sheets having a tech hiccup and our ability to get paid. 😀

BTW, seeing cue sheets on line is fairly recent history, probably starting 7-8 years ago. For decades, there was (obviously) no such thing.

As Michael said, the bigger issue with PROs is what actually gets picked up in their surveys.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: cue totals missing from ascap?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us