Discovery royalties?

Home Forums PROs Discovery royalties?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    daveydad
    Participant

Interesting how the rates vary! I see Discovery has a bunch of sister channels:

American Heroes Channel
    Animal Planet
    Destination America
    Discovery Family
    Discovery Life
    Investigation Discovery
    Oprah Winfrey Network
    Science
    TLC
    Velocity

#21592 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Question I have is… how long after a cue is detected in Tunesat will you see it show up in your PRO? I had cues used back in Jan on NBC Sports Versus channel and haven’t seen them in my BMI account yet. Also, what if they were licensed on a RF site?

#21594 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

Question I have is… how long after a cue is detected in Tunesat will you see it show up in your PRO?

For me, it takes between two months to over a year. Some shows file cue sheets quicker and they get submitted to my PRO faster. Other times,
    I see a lot of info in Tunesat that doesn’t show up with my PRO for a long time.

Furthermore, my PRO detects many placements that never show up in Tunesat. They seem to have different detection methods.

#21595 Reply
    yzzman1
    Participant

An addition to the guide that could be helpful – not sure how many people are interested in this though…..is what channels are ASCAP census survey channels and which are sample survey channels. ASCAP says you can call to ask for a guide but they don’t give them out anymore. You have to ask for each specific channel if it is sample or census. I know the answers for a good amount of them I could post on here if people are interested in that.

#21611 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

what channels are ASCAP census survey channels and which are sample survey channels.

Could be handled in the Notes section.

#21621 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster
    #21625 Reply
    Advice

Since Tunesat detects at pretty much time of broadcast and the PRO system is (domestically) generally 2 payment quarters behind broadcast, you won’t collect any monies for at least 6 months. You usually see a cue sheet before 6 months. I know ASCAP lists cue sheet filing deadlines on their website.

#21970 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Update: Just got my 2014 Q4 statement and was pleasantly surprised!! Last quarter was pathetic (about $15) with a few placements on ReelZ. This time several Discovery royalties appeared and grand total was 10 times that amount!! BTW, the show was Billy Bob’s Gags to Riches. 🙂

#22120 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Anyone had payouts from Discovery’s “American Heroes Channel?”

#28059 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

it would be good if people could continue to add to this list, really nice information here. btw does anyone have an entry amount for CBS BG morning? Mark Petrie very kindly posted amounts for afternoon and primetime just curious about morning rate per minute if anyone has seen on their PRO statement?

#28064 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

CBS Sunday Morning News placement;

00:08 = $35,58

Mind you i got 200% of the royalties so,i guess it was a RF sale.

#28065 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

200%? so you mean if this was a normal 50/50 split with a library you would of seen 00:08= $17,79?

god i wouldnt of thought networks like CBS are using RF libraries. just presumed your RF libraries are more for your youtubers etc.

#28069 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

Yes,i got both writer’s and publisher’s share ($17,79 x 2).

You are correct;RF libraries are more for youtubers but you might get a few RF sales per year ending up in broadcast use.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
Reply To: Discovery royalties?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us