Epic Storm

Home Forums Share It! Epic Storm

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    MichaelL
    Participant

Epic Storm:

Just want to say Godspeed, and send good wishes to all of my MLR friends on the US east coast. We’re expecting what some are calling “Frankenstorm,” an unprecedented convergence of three weather systems, the worst of which is Hurricane Sandy. It’s estimated the 50-60 million people will be affected, with massive power outages and flooding. We’re expecting 10 inches of rain, while higher elevations may get 50 inches of snow…that’s 1.27 meters to you metric folks. All in all a bumpy ride ahead. Take care and be safe.

Michael

#7228 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Yes. Everyone stay dry and safe!

#7231 Reply
    Rob (Cruciform)

Stay safe all of you guys and gals in that area!

#7235 Reply
    adam
    Participant

Hope your ok – take care

#7243 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

Stay safe over there guys and gals.

#7254 Reply
    Michael Nickolas

Thanks MichaelL, we’re 30 minutes West of Boston. Going to be a long night. Good luck to you also.

#7270 Reply
    euca

I hope all the fellow east coasters made it through Sandy safely! What a rough night.

We never lost power, how I really don’t know, but we did have a large tree fall on the road and another on the house. Luckily the damage looks pretty minor. It’s leaning on power so we need to wait for the electric company to take it down.

My area doesn’t look to bad compared to New Jersey and New York. I hope all are safe and sound this evening!!!

#7272 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Hi euca,

Sorry to hear about the tree, but I’m glad you and your family weren’t hurt. In my past life, I handled some tree fall cases that caused 200K+ damages, and destroyed houses. I hope it works out alright for you.

Miraculously, we made it through without any damage. Yeah, it was a bumpy night!

Best,

Michael

#7274 Reply
    euca

Wow, that’s a lot of damage.

By 9 am we had the police and the fire dept. at our place, we didn’t call, they showed up on their own. The fire dept. took care of calling Meted.

By 10 am the borough had the tree across the road cleared out of the way and by early afternoon PEMA was here. And my insurance company has been very responsive.

I gotta say for an area that doesn’t deal with this type of storm very much they were very much on their A game.

#7288 Reply
    Michael Nickolas

Wow, a tree on the house, that’s tough! Worst that happened here was power out for two hours and a fence section blown over. Clean up is done and back to work!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Epic Storm
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us