Getting discouraged

Home Forums General Questions Getting discouraged

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sean

I’ve been getting a bit discouraged lately. I uploaded around 20 cues to a free Tunesat account to test it out. Detections seem to work fine, no complaints about that.

However, I am seeing uses on Scripps network channels. About 20% are coming from there.

The part that makes my blood boil is that no one takes responsibility.

The library where I believe the cues are coming from denied it, the PRO says it’s fine because the network paid the library.

I have not contacted Scripps yet but I don’t expect to get very far.
    Anyway…yes I am venting but also seeking advise on what else I can do outside of pulling all my cues from the library and picketing.

Do I just grit my teeth and bare it since I’m making fairly decent progress with the amount of placements overall?

#18250 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Do I just grit my teeth and bare it since I’m making fairly decent progress with the amount of placements overall?

It’s just part of what this business has become. Some libraries blanket license their music to places like Scripps and the composer’s don’t see a dime. On the other hand one library I’m with does just that but they also are responsible for a good chunk of my PRO income!

#18251 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

I see placements for shows on Scripps and ESPN all of the time. But I still get a lot more placements in shows that pay backend royalties.

Don’t get discouraged. Just try to work with companies that are paid a sync fee for each usage. Those sync fees are harder to come by, but can add up with the right library.

#18252 Reply
    Sean

but they also are responsible for a good chunk of my PRO income!

Yes, most of my PRO income comes from them too. Do I want to give that up out of principle? I guess not.

I may just back out of Tunesat so I don’t have to look at it. 🙂 Seeing the new (most likely paid) placements is good, but it just gets me everytime I see Income Property and others come up.
    Thanks guys. It makes me feel a little better knowing it’s kind of a ‘take the bad with the good’ situation. Not that I wish it on anyone else, but I see I’m not alone with this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Getting discouraged
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us