International Royalties

Home Forums General Questions International Royalties

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    yzzman1
    Participant

I noticed an interesting point on one of the library listings that brought up a good general question. I am a composer in the US – and like many of us here and in other countries we have music on Scripps networks. They don’t pay performance royalties and we don’t get any upfront sync fees for the usages. When I get international royalties from ASCAP, it is not very detailed. I usually am only provided with the country and the track that was used. Do we see international royalties for Scripps network usages on occasion? I interestingly saw it mentioned that SOCAN pays royalties on Scripps Network shows.

I am an ASCAP member and this would be a point as well regarding ASCAP’s sample survey which many smaller cable networks are subject to.

Thanks for reading everyone – curious to know if I’m sometimes actually getting paid internationally for Scripps network usage. Would make me feel maybe 5% better about it – haha 🙂

#21720 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

A library I work with recently told me that yes, Scripps pays for plays outside the US. That said, I don’t recall seeing any on the international statement that came in last week.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: International Royalties
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us