Just Say No

Home Forums Share It! Just Say No

• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Chuck Mott.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Paolo
    Participant

As I was searching for info on a Dog Sled (long story) I came across this article about a dog sled company turning down a reality TV show gig. It made me think about all of us here who weigh when it’s in our best interest to just say no.

Here’s an excerpt from the dog sled company owner – Jason Matthews:
    so last week I was contacted by the Kardashians “advance team” to schedule a dog sled adventure for them to film for their reality show. We exchanged several phone calls and emails and scheduled the day- but then plans were abruptly cancelled when I would not give them our services for free, YES- for FREE!!! They make 60 Million dollars a season from the TV show, but wouldn’t pay for a dog sled tour they booked. They wanted 50 dogs, 5 guides, etc…to work for free. Glad we didn’t do it!”

Jason then added:
    all other media outlets I have taken dogsledding always paid. I was willing to trade my services as the logistical coordinator- lining up and PROVIDING all transportation to and from the remote location, and willing to donate all of my time and services (and snowmobiles & snow shoes for their film crew) to get it all set-up- but I could not trade or donate the work of my dogs and guides. They made it clear- they only wanted to go if it was free…”

This made me think of when libraries ask for music exclusively but don’t share any additional compensation (blanket and sync) than their non-exclusive deal. I wonder what would happen if more composers just said no.

#20532 Reply
    Musicmatters
    Participant

+1 JUST SAY NO !!!

#20536 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Good for them!

#20537 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

That is awesome.

#20553 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

You were probably looking for info. on dog sleds because you live near Boston and had to get to the grocery store… 🙂

#20554 Reply
    Paolo
    Participant

LOL! I just finished shoveling 8 inches (New York) — could really use that dog sled now 🙂

#20557 Reply
    Chuck Mott

I can get the sled….the problem is my dogs…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Just Say No
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us