Libraries/full songs with lyrics/production music

Home Forums General Questions Libraries/full songs with lyrics/production music

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gregg

Hello,

I have a collection of full songs with lyrics (recorded to high standard and mastered).
    I’m interested in trying the library route and am willing to put in a lot of work, but it seems that people on this forum are referring to production music that they compose in large quantities. Is it possible to make money from full songs with lyrics by submitting them to libraries?

#25188 Reply
    guscave

Hi Gregg,

Production music is a numbers game. The more music you have out there the better your rate of return. I would suggest to start off by also having instrumental version of your songs and submitting them to libraries or directly with music supervisors who are looking for your type of music.

The amount of money you can make REALLY various. I’ve heard of folks making enough to live off of their music with a catalog of about 300 tracks. Yet I know people with about 1000 tracks that are making just enough to supplement their day job.

#25193 Reply
    Jay

Is it possible to make money from full songs with lyrics by submitting them to libraries?

yes it is..I also mainly just write songs and am making “some” money from them..if you hope to get your full songs (not just the instrumental track) licensed keep in mind that songs about general themes e.g. love, heartbreak etc. with non specific lyrics are easier to get placed..I also do odd instrumentals and those tracks make me a lot more $…I hold out hope that one of my songs might be used in a major movie but that takes luck,talent and connections..I also have trouble watering down my lyrics so the odds are against me there..good luck though..read everything you can here and apply it to your situation..tons of good info here..

#25196 Reply
    GreggB

Thanks very much guscave and Jay!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Libraries/full songs with lyrics/production music
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us