Library Filtering

Home Forums Newbie Questions Library Filtering

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    NoahSilverMusic
    Participant

Perhaps I’m totally missing it, but is the any way to sort through the libraries based on the star rating?

Thankee kindly.

-N

#20406 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Currently no. There is supposed to be a way but I have yet had the time to figure it out.

#20408 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

I’m not a big fan of the star ratings. They are highly skewed by factors such as how easy it is to submit, how hard it is to get a track accepted, how friendly the contact is, etc. and those factors may or may not be the most important to a given person. (Not saying they are trivial).

Of much more value is to filter by category such as exclusive vs. non-exclusive, RF or not, etc. That will help you narrow down your list and begin your research.

Different libraries serve different markets. For example, Crucial Music is non-exclusive but generally caters to a higher client base and gets sync fees. Other non-exclusive libraries primarily pitch background cues for cable reality TV shows with backend only money. And then the RF market is totally different. A rating without an understanding of the market the library serves doesn’t tell you enough.

Good luck!

#20410 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

They are highly skewed by factors such as how easy it is to submit, how hard it is to get a track accepted, how friendly the contact is, etc. and those factors may or may not be the most important to a given person.

+1 Advice!

#20418 Reply
    NoahSilverMusic
    Participant

Makes total sense. Was just a little curious to browse by it but I can see how it might not be so advantageous. Thanks guys.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Library Filtering
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us