Logic Pro X

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Adam

Just a re edit to my last post which said logic x is great. I can’t use it anymore and have returned to logic 9 , X does have a great arpeggator and a really amazing new intuitive rock drummer thing but I can’t use the thing further without 32 bit plugs , I don’t know if I have wasted my money or not , perhaps when I do a rock track and get stuck for a beat I will bounce the track and use X , but for the moment I want to say I was wrong above and after an intial excitement had to return to logic 9

#11309 Reply
    Kenny
    Participant

Still looking for any good reasons to upgrade, but I havent found any yet.
    The drummer thing is not important as I’ve already got a few good options for drum programing.
    Happy with Logic 9 here, and I’ll probably stay for a while 😉

#11312 Reply
    Adam

I hear you Kenny , it’s like going back to your solid girlfriend after one night with a new hot chick , at first the girl looks all great and you enjoy having a go then after a few dates you really miss your old girlfriend , the workhorse , the solid girl who will put up with anything and try to make anything work out. So yes I had a go with the new girl but in the end I like the solid relationship I have with my older wiser girl.

#11767 Reply
    el_mono
    Participant

After using Logic X for a few weeks I have to say i’m very impressed with it and pleased I made the jump.

Drummer is absolutely stunning. I cannot get over how useful it is.

The MIDI FX as well gets used in almost every session i’m doing now.

Absolutely love it. Well worth upgrading, even with the few bugs that I keep finding!!!

#11782 Reply
    Lupo
    Participant

Logic X is built for 64bit operation and under those circumstances you’ll see some excellent improvements, ie better cpu management.

I know it’s a pity you cannot use 32bit plug ins but the bridge solution was never a really good one and at some point we’ll have to move forward to better grounds, 64bit for example 🙂

#11787 Reply
    el_mono
    Participant

I agree Lupo.

Personally I felt the bridge was the weak spot in Logic 9 as it was prone to crashes that would often take out the main app as well.

Perhaps i’m a little biased as I didn’t lose too many 32 bit plugins and I finally bought Komplete at the same time as buying the upgrade so i’ve got lots of different options for plugins to compensate for any i’ve lost due to the upgrade.

I do think a third party 32 bit bridge for X is only a matter of time away.

#11789 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant

I do think a third party 32 bit bridge for X is only a matter of time away.

It exists already with jbridge I think.

#11791 Reply
    el_mono
    Participant

Thanks woodsdenis thats really interesting.

Looks very cool and there is a free demo of it.

jBridgeM ( for Mac OS X )

#11794 Reply
    Lupo
    Participant

jbridgem is only for VST unfortunately…

#11795 Reply
    el_mono
    Participant

Ah…

#11799 Reply
    Brian Curtin

Logic Pro X got updated

Here are the Logic Pro X 10.0.2: Release notes:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4498

#11822 Reply
    woodsdenis
    Participant
    #12636 Reply
    GaryW
    Participant

Finally upgraded to Logic Pro X a couple of days ago. After a day or so of getting to know it, I have to say I am impressed. I’ve been a Logic user for a little over 4 years, and the new look of Logic X finally makes you feel like you are using a more modern DAW . No more of that “dodgy grey” look to it.

Navigating is easy. The stock plug-ins are about the same as well as the Apple Loops. Since it does not take 32-bit plug-ins, I have had to rethink some things, but I can still use Additive Drums, as well as EX-Drummer. I use live guitar, bass, and keys, so it is not that big of an issue for me.

The Drummer addition is great in Pro X, although you have to download about 10GB of additional data to get all of the drummer options. I’ll do that when I have some downtime.

Did my first track on LX today, and am very happy with the results.

There are a few small glitches, but I am sure they will get figured out.

So far so good. Keep you posted.

#22911 Reply
    Mojo Rising

Does anyone have any advice for me. I have a mid 2010 13″ Macbook Pro, and I’d like to install Logic Pro X. But I know I will first need to get more RAM and upgrade to Yosemite 10.10 before it will allow me to install. Is this a good idea or do you think I will have problems on the older machine? Would you also recommend an SSD? I can spend about 200 upgrading my current mac, or just buy a new one for over a thousand. Anyone else running LPX on a mid 2010 Macbook Pro??

#22912 Reply
    Peter

Hi Mojo,

I recently upgraded from what your current setup is. It all worked fine for me I just upgraded to an iMac retina display and more power because I’m doing a lot of orchestral stuff using EW and other big libraries.

It all worked fine for me as long as you don’t clutter it with other applications – keep it as a music computer only if you can.

I also recently bough a Samsung 500gig SSD and it is fantastic. I’m going to replace all my drives with SSD’s soon.

Ultimately you will be forced to upgrade as 2010 is quite old so if you can upgrade I would just go ahead and do it instead of trying to push your existing system beyond its means.

Hope that helps.

Peter

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
Reply To: Logic Pro X
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us