Loop Edits

Home Forums General Questions Loop Edits

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    woodsdenis
    Participant

I tried to import a Mp3 loop into Logic and repeat the region. After 3000 repeats I could tell the region was of the grid, so you are absolutely correct that its a bit longer. This was new to me. I still think in most cases it would be fine though, haven’t had any complains yet 🙂

My memory of doing this years ago was that it was way worse, practically unusable. They must have upped the ante on MP3 encoders in the last decade or 2 LOL.It does seem for all practical purposes this is not an issue if you export from a modern DAW.

#23934 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

I don’t leave any silence on loops.But,like Art said,always check loops back in back to see if there are any glitches/clicks.
    In very rare occasions i noticed some clicks,i just faded out the last 0.25 sec (or less) and it looped smoothly then.

4 or 8 bars length is the most common formats i think.

Performance wise,P5 is doing very well for me.Frequent loop sales there.
    Occasional loop sales in AS too.

#23935 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Thanks for the info everyone!

#27622 Reply
    ENW1
    Participant

Protools has a “Loop Playback” Option to check the loop. I also sometimes put a tiny fade-in to make the start less jarring. I assume they want continuous repeating play, as if the band’s just vamping. No silence at the beginning or end.

#27625 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

I make loops for nearly all my RF tracks, usually a loop for each alt mix as well. I sell enough loops that I will continue. I never have a gap, the point is to sound like seamless music.
    My method for creating loops:
    – In the mastering phase, I find or create a section of the track that would make a nice loop without driving you nuts, typically Intro-A-B from 25-60 seconds long.
    – I use a snap to transient function (Tab key in Sonar) and slice to create the start and end points. Then I add an inaudible fade-in/out to the clip to prevent any click.
    – I always test the final loops in Audacity loop play mode (Shift+Play) to ensure there is no hiccup at the loop point.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Loop Edits
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us