Loop Loft….

Home Forums Software Loop Loft….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Anyone want to comment on the quality of loop loft, specifically their drums and percussion loops? I’m considering jumping in due to some specials and so on they are running this weekend, in my case specifically dry drums vol. 3? Thoughts? Anyone own their platinum pack?

#19533 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Anyone make use of any of these products?

#19534 Reply
    bradymusico
    Participant

Hey Chuck —

I’ve used a bunch of their funk/indie drums. Top notch stuff as far as loops go. I keep an eye on the 50%+ off deals and grab things here and there.
    Great to have in the arsenal when you need it!

#19535 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Good to know. Going to grab one of the on sale specials and work them into a track. Appreciate the feedback!

#19565 Reply
    Chuck Mott

By way of update, I did download dry drums 3 and actually like it quite a bit. I inadvertently downloaded the wav files when I should have gone for the RMX version, but it’s all good. Love the sound of them, sounds like they could be easily processed or even used without any additional processing, obviously depending on how they sit in the mix.

Downside: Tempos as listed are completely wrong. Weird but the folder says the tempos for one track are 220 on the folder, but 200 is appended at the end of the loop within the folder. Forced me to look up how to determine the actual tempo in pro tools. SO a pro tools tip: highlight the tempo in the transport, and if you tap the letter “t” on the keyboard acts a a tap tempo feature and the actual tempo shows up in the transport. Had to dig that off an internet forum somewhere, but hey, learned something new and look forward to using them in a future project. Impressed enough to consider buying the larger producer pack but am going to wait and see how the drums actually sit in a mix. AH, and if you like the samples, there are one shots of the kit so you can use the kits in battery.

#19597 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Thanks for the update Chuck. A few years back I wrote a bunch of reviews of loop products for Recording Magazine. Errors like tempos listed wrong, or wrong keys embedded were common. Sometimes I heard distortion or over compression/limiting. It seems quality control can be lacking sometimes.

The most useful drum loops have one shots like you said, but just as important is having a wide choice of fills!

Anyway, I’ll have to check out this company haven’t heard of them.

#19599 Reply
    Chuck Mott

Did you find any that you felt were more favorable then others?

#19606 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

I can answer in more depth after the storm, but I do remember for drums Beta Monkey had useful products.

#19607 Reply
    Chuck Mott

AH, thanks. Yes I have a bunch of those also (most of the midi ones actually , for addictive drums) and have used the .wavs in the past.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Loop Loft….
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us