Need advice! RF contract question

Home Forums PROs Need advice! RF contract question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mojorising

After seeing some good feedback here on a royalty free library I agreed to sign my catalog to them exclusively but with retitles. So not truly exclusively, just retitles of my NE tracks. They are giving me two options, one where I could still keep my royalties should something go to broadcast and the 2nd option I would be allowing a direct license and forgoing any potential royalties. At first I was totally against this but the library says I will sell significantly more licenses that way, and thats the reason people shop at their site. They have tiered pricing which I like, so its not just a flat fee. They say since I retitled every song it shouldn’t affect my catalog. But it states in the contract that I agree to contact ASCAP and tell them about the direct license I’m issuing to this library. Will this likely cause problems for my catalog since I do collect royalties on many of these songs from other libraries? Even though I retitled everything for this library, ASCAP could eventually use more water marking technology to detect the songs, and that could get messy right? Or am I just opening my catalog up to a bigger market and diversifying? Any thoughts would be appreciated!! This is my first dive in to RF, and this one seems like its actually 100% RF.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Need advice! RF contract question
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us