New Mastering service LANDR

Home Forums Share It! New Mastering service LANDR

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Steve Ballard

LANDR revolutionizes the mastering process with drag-and-drop simplicity, achieving results that rival professional studio work in minutes.

I wanted to make everyone aware of this new service. I do not work for MixGenius, nor am I advocating LANDR. I have not used them yet, but plan to in the near future. I am seeing favorable things about the service and they have won some awards at a few shows and conventions.

This looks to be a very promising thing for all of the DIY’ers. They do have a scale of service starting at amateur (free) and ending at a business level ($29 a month). They are adding new things to their service, their latest being able to track and manage the tracks you have mastered with them.

Link :

#17255 Reply
    bradymusico
    Participant

This looks to be a very promising thing for all of the DIY’ers. They do have a scale of service starting at amateur (free) and ending at a business level ($29 a month). They are adding new things to their service, their latest being able to track and manage the tracks you have mastered with them.

I tested LANDR a couple of weeks ago, to see what all the hype was about. For certain types of tracks, MAYBE it’s worth it, if you know nothing about audio production and never intend on learning about the mastering process. IMO, if you really care about your music and devloping your production chops, there will never be a substitute for real ears and subtle attention to detail at the final stage of any mix. With the money you will spend on the pro/business service level, you could just as easily invest that into solid mastering plugins and tutorials. Not a solution I would recommend to other composers, personally.

#17256 Reply
    actualsizemusic
    Participant

I shoved a track onto their free service out of curiousity…. to my ears it just sounded like someone had plopped a preset limiter and a bit of high eq over everything.

Frankly I can get better results myself and I’m rubbish at mastering!

The free version might be useful for beefing up rough “listening copies” of work in progress to send to collaborators, but definitely not for actual mastering work.

Interesting concept though… whether an algorithm can treat a piece of audio with the same subtly as human ears… personally, I don’t think it can.

#17284 Reply
    AaronM

It’s amazing that technology like this exists but I agree, a person with limited expertise could do better with low cost software like Ozone, The Glue and even Vintage Warmer 2.

The next thing you know, they’ll come up with an algorithm for raising your kids. 🙂

#17361 Reply
    Sergiu
    Participant

The next algorithm will probably be writing/generating simple music, then more and more complex. I bet this is not very far away.

#17367 Reply
    AaronM

I think you’re right on with that. I was talking to a guy yesterday who said that someone had created some kind of algorithm software for composing music and it was fooling some 49% of people.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: New Mastering service LANDR
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us