No Broadcast Royalties? SIAE

Home Forums PROs No Broadcast Royalties? SIAE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Mike

Hi, Last year I had a 30 tv spot in italy, and started asking about my Cues and royalties.. the response from the licensing house said…

“we find out from SIAE (the italian collecting society) that they do not pay backend royalties for commercials.
    it is very unfortunate, I know. sorry about this”

Is that true? I can’t seem to get a straight answer back.
    Just wondering if I’m getting ripped off, and how do I get my payment due to me.

thanks for the help!
    Mike

#5429 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Have you contacted your own PRO?

#5437 Reply
    Mike

Yes, no response from them though… I’ll try again and let you know what they say. I Just wanted to see if anyone had similar issues..

thanks again!
    Mike

#5449 Reply
    #tag

Please explain back

Mike:
    Hi, Last year I had a 30 tv spot in italy, and started asking about my Cues and royalties.. the response from the licensing house said…

“we find out from SIAE (the italian collecting society) that they do not pay backend royalties for commercials.
    it is very unfortunate, I know. sorry about this”

Is that true? I can’t seem to get a straight answer back.
    Just wondering if I’m getting ripped off, and how do I get my payment due to me.

thanks for the help!
    Mike

Please explain backend royalties and what spot, lenght of music and for how long did it go on tv

#5484 Reply
    Michele

Hey Mike, drop SIAE at the earliest occasion and move to a foreign one. I did and I would never look back…

#5490 Reply
    #tag

Michele:
    Hey Mike, drop SIAE at the earliest occasion and move to a foreign one. I did and I would never look back…

What are you talking about? he cannot ‘drop SIAE’ he had music used in italy and SIAE is the only PRO for that country.

#5508 Reply
    Michele

He can register to another one, and have them collect the royalties for him in Italy. SIAE Sucks

#5531 Reply
    #tag

No, it doesn’t work this way. I’m surprised you don’t know.

Each PRO collects in its own country, you cannot bypass it.

#5532 Reply
    #tag

First the money is collected by SIAE and then sent to the foreign PRO to which the composer belongs, curtailing a percentage for the service.
    It works like this in every country

#5533 Reply
    Michele

#tag:
    First the money is collected by SIAE and then sent to the foreign PRO to which the composer belongs, curtailing a percentage for the service.
    It works like this in every country

Trust me, I know that SIAE collects for Italy and sends it to another PRO. What you don’t know is that SIAE keeps a certain % to herself and also has an annual high membership fee. It’s better to have another PRO asking your money from SIAE and then paying you, than having SIAE paying you directly.

#5538 Reply
    Mike

Hey Everybody, thanks for the responses. I finally got a response back from my US Pro.. They told me that:

1. SIAE does pay on broadcast (so the email I got about them not paying was just not true).
    2. You guys are right, my music is US registered and was on an Italian commercial so SIAE collects in Italy and then pays my PRO (sometimes up to 2 years later)… I was told to see if they have any record of it being broadcast.

I’ll keep ya posted!
    Thanks again for all the help 😀
    Mike

#5543 Reply
    Michele

Happy you sorted it out. See, my point was that…SIAE is just plain crap and it’s not to be trusted.
    This is the morale of the story.
    Good luck with your music! Rock!

#5546 Reply
    #tag

<
    Michele: Trust me, I know that SIAE collects for Italy and sends it to another PRO. What you don’t know is that SIAE keeps a certain % to herself and also has an annual high membership fee. It’s better to have another PRO asking your money from SIAE and then paying you, than having SIAE paying you directly.

I would like to trust you michele, but you really are confused about how all this works…

#5547 Reply
    Michele

#tag:
    <
    Michele: Trust me, I know that SIAE collects for Italy and sends it to another PRO. What you don’t know is that SIAE keeps a certain % to herself and also has an annual high membership fee. It’s better to have another PRO asking your money from SIAE and then paying you, than having SIAE paying you directly.

#5552 Reply
    Michele

I am not confused at all

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Reply To: No Broadcast Royalties? SIAE
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us