Private or public link, how to show your portfolio?

Home Forums Newbie Questions Private or public link, how to show your portfolio?

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    acuriousboy
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve been working for a exclusive RF library for a while and I would like to show my work to either other libraries, production companies or even some music advisors that I meet personally to see if I can diversify my work and propose original compositions (or even get a sync).

The thing is there’s a voice over to protect the songs and in terms of perception I don’t know if it would be well received by potential new clients.

Is it common among the community of composers to have a private link with the tracks (without any voice over) for this sole purpose?

What do you suggest?

Thank you

#23013 Reply
    acuriousboy
    Participant

No one has a little advice?

Thank you 🙂

#23014 Reply
    Paolo

Just finished my coffee and saw your post this morning.

You’re right-on about this – and in my experience, almost all libraries only want you to provide a link to check out your tracks – and privtae links work well for this.

Having a private link in bandcamp or soundcloud allows you to group your tracks by genre or instrument (or however you wish) and creating “albums” that can only include the tracks you want a particular prospective library to hear.

There’s a topic here on the forums about adding a “preview” voiceover to protect your tracks.

#23015 Reply
    Paolo
    #23016 Reply
    acuriousboy
    Participant

Hi Paolo,

Thank you for your input.

But even in the Private Link would you keep the voice over on the tracks that you already placed in a RF library or you will put the original track?

#23017 Reply
    Paolo

you’re welcome!

I guess that depends – do your voiceovers just say “preview” or do they announce the name of the RF library?

#23018 Reply
    Paolo

I should add-

There have been enough posts here about song theft that’s motivated me to place everything I have online with “preview” embedded in the recording.

Once I’m in communication with a client/library/potential real user then I’m okay with sharing the “preview” free versions.

#23019 Reply
    acuriousboy
    Participant

Yes the voice over mentions the name of the RF library.

I understand those situations are always a little tricky for me. As you said, it mostly depends on who you have in front of you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Private or public link, how to show your portfolio?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us