Questions on edits…..

Home Forums Newbie Questions Questions on edits…..

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Mark

My question to you would then be,
    Who would you rather have doing those edits? Your customer or you?
    If you don’t do them then your customer will, THEN your music will be butchered, believe me.

All I’m saying is that we should never frighten composers away from doing edits and alt mixes. It is not hard at all once you get the hang of it and you will reap the benefits forever.

Stepping off soapbox….

#17968 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

All I’m saying is that we should never frighten composers away from doing edits and alt mixes. It is not hard at all once you get the hang of it and you will reap the benefits forever.

Agree 100%.

I know that some composers worry about “making it fit” or chopping up a performance that took them hours to nail, or they just don’t think it’s worth the time.

Edits are essential. It is to your benefit to follow the standards of the industry. Every WFH library for which I’ve written has required them. It’s a standard practice. Developing that skill and making it your own standard practice will only benefit you in the long run.

#17978 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

I personally don’t have the patience for cutting edits, I’d rather be writing a new track! I like to send my stems to someone who is a much better editor and pay them to make all the cuts for me.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
Reply To: Questions on edits…..
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us