Quite a Deal…

Home Forums Commentary Quite a Deal…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mileslong
    Participant

There is a fairly new library advertising for composers.
    They are looking for the usual genres, cinematic, trailers, Americana, etc, with timed edits and underscores. Standard stuff.
    In the ad, they say they will send a brief, to which you submit a cue. If approved, your cue will then be given feedback. Then it is second review,with more feedback, more revisions. Then if ok, presented to client, possibly more revisions. You get 100% of mech and perf royalties, less “a contribution to their costs”.
    They OWN the copyright once cue is accepted.
    No upfront money.

I would be interested to see what others here think of this(!)

Art Munson
    Keymaster

I would pass on this one.

mileslong
    Participant

Me too Art. I just reread the small print, apparently you also have to give up rights to your house, car, and allow two conjugal visits a month with your wife.

MichaelL
    Participant

You don’t even need a lawyer to read that contract! #DesperateComposers

mikevan
    Participant

The quality of the tracks on their website is quite good and the list of clients impressive but ‘a contribution to distribution, marketing and transaction costs, recoupable from composer mechanical royalties’ looks really bad…. No mention of this library on the MLR database… A new one? Most of their albums are ’empty’, just a title and a cover…

Art Munson
    Keymaster

Okay, got them listed here https://musiclibraryreport.com/e-to-g/evolution-media-music/ and I will close this topic.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Quite a Deal…’ is closed to new replies.
X

Forgot Password?

Join Us