Removing tracks from Libary

Home Forums General Questions Removing tracks from Libary

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Peter

Once you leave a library for what ever reason, how do you know if the library actually deletes your tracks from their database? Couldn’t they just re-title and sell them without you knowing?

How do you guys protect yourselves from this type of thing? Is there some way of marking a track with your data? I know you can with MP3’s but what about WAV and AIF etc?

This whole RF library business is a minefield of potential illegal underhandedness 🙂 Seriously though if someone wanted couldn’t they potentially take advantage of a lot of composers without their knowledge?

I’ve already met some really nice people who run these libraries but when you think about it with so many library owners out there and so many tracks out there who’s to know what belongs to who and where?

I’m leaning more towards exclusive these days it just feels safer.

P

#22719 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

This will not make you feel any better https://musiclibraryreport.com/forums/forum/music-theft-reports/.

Still, there is decent money to be made in the RF market.

#22720 Reply
    Peter

Ooops… Library not Libary

#22721 Reply
    Peter

It’s a cruel world 🙁

#22831 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

I don’t think the overwhelming majority of LIBRARIES are out to steal your music. If they remove your tracks and you can verify they’ve been removed, it’s extremely unlikely they will re-title them to sell them illegally.

Thefts are more likely to occur from individuals, not businesses that want to stay in business. (Nothing’s impossible, of course).

The bigger concern is being sure that they actually remove the tracks and they are not floating around on media out there, still being considered for opportunities, while you sign an exclusive with another library.

Basically, I wouldn’t worry about it. If you ask for removal and they appear to have been removed, all is probably fine. You might want to wait a while before signing an exclusive, making sure all the dust has settled.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Removing tracks from Libary
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us