TV Series opening theme

Home Forums Share It! TV Series opening theme

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Peter

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to share a job I managed to pull off. It was for the opening credits of a TV series in the middle east for the Ramadan Period. They even used some my other tracks in the series itself. The opportunity was through a library who put out a request for submissions and they liked mine! They had a small budget for real strings so we recorded the strings only in Prague, it was via skype for me as I’m in Australia. Anyway, after a few hiccups and miss communications (language barrier really at first) I worked closely with the music supervisor and director to come up with the finished product. Everyone on the project was great to work with and made some good friends along the way. It all was a great experience and I learnt heaps through the whole process. I’m not completely happy with the final but who is really? The biggest let down was no royalties from the series as APRA don’t collect in that region of the world (so they say).

Anyway, here is it.
    <iframe width=”100%” height=”450″ scrolling=”no” frameborder=”no” src=”https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/267901390&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true”></iframe&gt;

Cheers
    Peter

#25290 Reply
    Peter

let me try that again.

<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/267901390&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true"></iframe>

#25291 Reply
    Peter
    #25292 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Nice! As far as royalties, I just got some from Syria so I think anything is possible.

#25293 Reply
    ENW1
    Participant

Nice blend of East & West.

#25294 Reply
    MaxPower
    Participant

This is the ‘Waltz Into Darkness’ series Peter isn’t it? I also submitted for this. I’ve been advised that one of my piano cues was picked up for use in the show. They made the right choice going with your theme – really excellent work. Congratulations 🙂

#25297 Reply
    Paolo

Peter,

I’m listening to your theme now – it’s excellent. Congratulations on getting the gig.

You mentioned you learned a lot through the process and there may be possible backend royalties. Was this exclusive or non-exclusive and will you receive some syn licensing money from the library or only backend?

Thanks so much.

Paolo

#25298 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

Nice work. Wish I could write orchestral stuff like that. Starting to inject a little but at this time it is better that mine is a bit buried in the tracks I’m doing :). Love this, listening right now.

What orchestral libraries are you using for this?

#25311 Reply
    Peter

Composer of notes, ENW1 – Thanks Guys.

Max – Yeah it was the Waltz into Darkness Series. I think they used quite a few piano cues. It was certainly the feel they were after for the show.

Paolo – I haven’t heard either way on the royalties. After I got paid for the main theme I haven’t heard anything more. It was mentioned that the filing of cue sheets was probably not going to happen.

Chuck – Thanks! I mainly use Vienna stuff for my orchestral tracks. If I were not studying with Alain Mayrand for the last 12 months I could not have written the string parts for the Prague sessions. I have always wanted to write for orchestra but never had the training until I finally decided to take the plunge and learn from a professional. It has paid off, not so much in money (as yet) but in satisfaction with my work over the last year.

The trouble is – the learning never stops and I am still very much in the baby stage of scoring and orchestrating.

#25918 Reply
    Peter

Hi Guys,

Just an update. The Theme I did just got nominated for Best TV Theme by an Australian Composer 2016.

A year and a half ago when I started looking more seriously into music I never thought this would happen. So, I just want to encourage anyone out there struggling or doubting things can happen. Without knowing it something great can be right around the corner.

APRA/AMCOS Best TV Theme 2016.

#25919 Reply
    Jure
    Participant

Peter that’s great, keep it up!

#25920 Reply
    Chuck Mott

Not bad for being in the baby stages. What are you going too pull once you hit the adult stages of your writing?

P.S. Congratulations!

#25921 Reply
    TerlinguaMusic
    Participant

Congratulations.

#25925 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Congrats Peter, that’s great!

#25930 Reply
    allinthesong

Congrats-great to hear a success story!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
Reply To: Reply #25930 in TV Series opening theme
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us