What's the best selling genre in your library at the moment?

Home Forums General Questions What's the best selling genre in your library at the moment?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    DecadeZ
    Participant

Howdy MLR,

Thought it’d be interesting for people to share their best selling track in their catalog. Whether that be a acoustic country guitar peice or a cinematic orchestral underscore to a EDM Dance Instrumental. What genre does your best selling track fall under? Figured this would get some colorful responses.
    -Deca

#21753 Reply
    DecadeZ
    Participant

Haha the title should have read ‘in your catalog’ but in your library will have to suffice I suppose.

#21754 Reply
    Vlad
    Participant

Despite my undying optimism, I have nothing selling in 2015. I have left my prices where they were and fear that most others are selling music dirt cheap. It kills me to participate in the race to the bottom. And gear/vst lust, it plagues me nowadays…..yeah, pretty dark post. Colorful, As requested.

#21756 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

It kills me to participate in the race to the bottom.

Don’t do it. There is no real money in selling dirt cheap.

#21764 Reply
    Vlad
    Participant

I don’t plan on doing it. The music I write is top shelf and the production is high quality. I spent too much time on those skills to just throw a track away for $7. Surprised to see some really good writers doing just that.

#21769 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

I don’t plan on doing it. The music I write is top shelf and the production is high quality. I spent too much time on those skills to just throw a track away for $7. Surprised to see some really good writers doing just that.

Some writers just get desperate. A small sale becomes a sign of hope. But going for that sign of hope is an illusion. Someone else gets a great piece of music for cheap and the composer gets a few dollars that will not help to build a career or create any further momentum. The bad thing is the more desperate a writer is, the less money he/she will make.

#21802 Reply
    Chuck Mott

It doesn’t seem to matter with me. I write in a bunch of genres, it really depends on the quality of the track. What doesn’t do well is experimenting in genres I’m not real familiar with, there are too many people doing various genres well for me to compete.

#22650 Reply
    ENW1
    Participant

Seems my dumb stuff sells best. YANKEE DOODLE for example.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: What's the best selling genre in your library at the moment?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us