4th Quarter 2013 ASCAP Statements are online! How did everyone do?

Home Forums General Questions 4th Quarter 2013 ASCAP Statements are online! How did everyone do?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

Just got my statement. Not a good quarter, but not bad either. The money is slightly less than last quarter for me this time.

I got a good deal of new songs that have been used on TV shows. I have also noticed that a handful of older cues are continued to be used. Some have been from repeats of older shows and some have been new uses from newer shows.

Overall, things are going well. I believe that the blanket cable royalties are going to be the bulk of my revenue for the near future. I did have a growth in local blanket uses this time. Internet royalties were dismal, as they paid out less than two dollars.

How is everyone else doing?

#17002 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

Bump.

#17005 Reply
    gdomeier
    Participant

I checked my statement and saw netflix was kind enough to generate $2.27 for me. Anyone know how they calculate internet streaming dollars?

#17006 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

I checked my statement and saw netflix was kind enough to generate $2.27 for me. Anyone know how they calculate internet streaming dollars?

I have no idea. I am just working on boosting my blanket cable royalties for now. That is where the money is for me. The whole streaming thing is not a fight I plan on fighting for now. Too many unknowns.

ASCAP has a lot more knowledge and leverage in regards to streaming royalties. Maybe an ASCAP rep can share some new info with you. It might be worth a shot to see what they know.

#17007 Reply
    gigdude
    Participant

I had a bad quarter overall but my Netflix was $78.45 with mostly really old shows, many of them canceled long ago. This makes me think Netflix could add up after a while, it would just take lots of shows just like the other royalties. It’s just one more way to get paid. More and more placements, that’s the strategy!

#17011 Reply
    LG
    Participant

I really didn’t expect it, but I just had my best domestic quarter ever. A major movie placement that was in theaters a year and a half ago finally made it to HBO. About $700 this quarter for that placement (2 min run time). I collected on some PD tracks for the first time. They paid 10% of the regular rate. I’m amazed to get anything honestly! My reruns kept steady. After being down last period it’s good to be up again!

#17013 Reply
    Michael Nickolas

Hey stevericemusic, that’s good to know. I had a cue in a feature film at about the same time. Didn’t think about the possibility of HBO or etc. royalties.

This statement was nice, mostly because I had placements on ABC, NBC and CBS.

#17017 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

ASCAP keeps changing the credit value. I have been comparing statements. It used to be $7.10. Then it changed to $7.70. Now it is set at $7.50. I don’t get how this formula keeps changing. All I know is that my royalties fluctuate based on these changes.

Weird stuff.

#17043 Reply
    Travelingriverside
    Participant

I had a few cable TV and network placements (NBC) starting in Nov 2013 and most recently a few months ago. My ASCAP statement was not nearly what I thought it would be. I called ASCAP and spoke to a rep. He told me cue sheets can take a few months to be filed and once ASCAP gets them they’re on a 6 month lag before they process them into the quarterly statements. Either way I’m still disappointed in my Q4 2013 statement.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Reply #17013 in 4th Quarter 2013 ASCAP Statements are online! How did everyone do?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us