4th Quarter 2013 BMI Statements are online! How did everyone do?

Home Forums General Questions 4th Quarter 2013 BMI Statements are online! How did everyone do?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    OverDub
    Participant

Hi all! Just wanted to see how everyone else made out this BMI payout. Mine was down about 5%, so overall not bad. Do you find the 4th quarter to be slower than others? There’s probably no rhyme or reason, I would guess. Hope everyone else had a great check!

#16833 Reply
    guscave

Best payout for me so far. June is usually very good month for me.

#16834 Reply
    OverDub
    Participant

Great! Glad to hear it. I think my best was Jan this year. But the last 3 have been pretty consistent. Best of luck!

#16835 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Mine is about the same as last qtr but down a bit from the qtr before that.

#16837 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

just got my 1st ever statement,$309!Not much but it’s a start,a few placements in reality tv shows.Does anyone know how/when do non US citizens get paid?

#16838 Reply
    OverDub
    Participant

Congrats! I don’t know what the time frame is outside the U.S.

#16839 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

just got my 1st ever statement,$309!Not much but it’s a start,a few placements in reality tv shows.Does anyone know how/when do non US citizens get paid?

$309 for your first statement? That is awesome! My first statement paid less than two dollars.

#16841 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

thanks DI!BTW,do you know what is the “PERF COUNT” on the excel doc?

#16849 Reply
    Desire_Inspires
    Participant

thanks DI!BTW,do you know what is the “PERF COUNT” on the excel doc?

No I do not. I am with ASCAP. But you have done well for yourself for your first check. Good stuff!

#16850 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

BTW,do you know what is the “PERF COUNT”

It would imply every time the show airs and your cue “performed”. Of course you would have to assume the count was accurate. Then again there is a chance it might not be!

#16851 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

got it,thanks!it goes from 1 up to 1 million counts,i guess the later is for internet views/hits.

#16852 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

it goes from 1 up to 1 million counts

The only big numbers I have in that column are from Hulu. Maybe it has to do with streams. In other words every time a show is run to a user it’s counted as an individual stream. Funny though that Netflix isn’t counted that way.

#16853 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

correct,i see the Hulu name there.

#16860 Reply
    dCsoulplusmind
    Participant

After an unexpectedly amazing quarter last statement, I took a dip this quarter. I’m ok with it though, 4th quarter is usually my slowest quarter and I’m still on track.

#16907 Reply
    JD

Quick question regarding statements.

I have a couple of tracks in 1 library that are getting used, but my statements and payment come from the library, I have no statements in BMI. I only have the writers share so I’ve left it up to the library to register the works. Is this a normal process?

All the work I’ve done so far has basically been a buyout with me keeping the writers, so I actually don’t have any registered works in my BMI account

Cheers for any pointers,

JD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: 4th Quarter 2013 BMI Statements are online! How did everyone do?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us