5 Year Report

Home Forums Share It! 5 Year Report

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    spiker
    Participant

Will do. Thanks Alan!

#29149 Reply
    spiker
    Participant

daveydad thanks for posting! Impressive!

When you stream your music on Spotify etc.. is it vocal tracks or instrumentals? I do mostly instrumentals, didn’t think there would be much interest in it?

Thanks

#29150 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Everything on Spotify is instrumental. I have 14 albums on there…. mostly piano based but also some ambient/electronic and cinematic stuff. Pandora is where I make the most…. so far.

#29151 Reply
    Mike Marino
    Participant

Here’s what things are looking like for me with regard to back-end earnings:

2013: $0 (wrote 16 tracks; all NEx)
    2014: $0 (wrote 21 tracks; 13 NEx, 8 Excl)
    2015: $25.59 (wrote 87 tracks; 83 Excl, 4 NEx)
    2016: $1467.45 (wrote 52 tracks; all Excl)
    2017: $6091.87 (wrote 73 tracks: 72 Excl, 1 NEx)

I have had some sync fees and upfront payments along the way, earned through exclusive and non-exclusive tracks. That looks like this:

2013: $750
    2014: $0
    2015: $2254.15
    2016: $470.05
    2017: $512.70

#29152 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

love your piano/orchestral tracks on SC dayeydad …whats your track count history btw?

you got me interested in pandora now, i have 2 albums and some singles on spotify (singer/songwriter) that i would like to get on there if they pay better…

#29155 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Not sure how many tracks I actually have being used… I’m guessing 200 or more. Have at least 100 tracks in exclusive libraries, the rest are non-ex.

Pandora pays according to the listener’s subscription plan. It’s still just tenths of a penny like Spotify but I have more streams a month with them. You can do a Google search for album submissions. I make $60-$100/month from Pandora. My best month was $300.

#29132 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

pike60, is your catalog in mostly mid tier exclusive libs with no upfronts? or PMA libs? thanks for sharing your journey… i saw a [removed] interview of one of their top composers where he states he had an exponential jump on income about 3 years in when he started focusing on non ex libs…interesting you brought that up

#29177 Reply
    InLightTone
    Participant

How exactly does one get on Pandora?

#29178 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant
    #29182 Reply
    spiker
    Participant

boinkeee2000, I think you hit the nail on the head. Yes, mid tier libraries with no upfront. Yes, I think its time to get into non-ex libraries while I still can. RF is a nice alternative too.

#29183 Reply
    Mike Marino
    Participant

@pike60 : What type of music do you tend to write and what end medium do you tend to aim your music at (ie sport shows, reality tv, trailers and tv promos, commercials, etc)?

#29184 Reply
    spiker
    Participant

Mainly I’m a rock guitarist (all kinds of rock and acoustic tracks) but I’ve done a lot of Tension (with synths) in the last couple of years. I write for libraries that provide music to cable and reality TV shows. Most of it on request but no up front.

#29193 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

To all: PLEASE start a new topic instead of going off topic.

#31588 Reply
    boinkeee2000
    Participant

bump! figured it would be nice to hear how the previous posters did last year, and maybe some new “5 year” folks could chime in as well 🙂

happy chinese new year!

#31596 Reply
    MM_Musicworks
    Participant

+1

As a newcomer I find great wisdom and inspiration in this thread… I humbly request all you veterans to update us on your progress in 2018.

Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 93 total)
Reply To: Reply #34275 in 5 Year Report
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us