A Small Tunesat Success Story

Home Forums Share It! A Small Tunesat Success Story

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alan
    Participant

Tunesat picked up a 1:30 placement on MTV back in June of 2016 that airs quite a lot. After 9 months without a cue sheet I inquired to ASCAP. They said a cue sheet was filed and my track wasn’t on it.
    I contacted the publisher and sent them a link to the episode (luckily it was online). After a few follow up emails with ASCAP and the publisher, a corrected cue sheet was filed.
    I had an extra $394 in today’s ASCAP payout, back payments included, that I wouldn’t have gotten without Tunesat.
    I signed up for the 100 track account last spring and have no regrets so far.

#28570 Reply
    ComposerLDG
    Participant

That’s great, Alan. Here’s a question. If you have tracks signed exclusively somewhere, are you free to upload them to Tunesat? I realize that all they’re doing is detecting, but still, I think it’s a fair question.

-Loren

#28572 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

If you have tracks signed exclusively somewhere, are you free to upload them to Tunesat?

Yes. Different animal.

#28597 Reply
    OverDub
    Participant

Sure, upload them. I have all of my exclusive stuff up for Tunesat detection. It’s not like if you are detecting it in one account, and it won’t come up in another. It’s your music, you still own the writers share. I see nothing wrong with it.

#28614 Reply
    ChuckMott
    Participant

I would argue especially put your exclusive tracks in there.

#28616 Reply
    ComposerLDG
    Participant

Well, looks like it’s unanimous! Thanks for the input, everyone.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Reply #28597 in A Small Tunesat Success Story
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us