Alt versions on Tunesat

Home Forums General Questions Alt versions on Tunesat

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    LauriKoivisto
    Participant

Hi, if I have full version of a piece on Tunesat, would you recommend putting all the alt versions there aswell? There’s not usually any new stuff on those versions, just exported different parts of the full versions.

Thanks,
    Lauri

#32625 Reply
    Composer Of Notes
    Participant

It’s probably not necessary, but if you’re allowed to upload that much, then you should. I mean only if it doesn’t cost more. I thought it was by the track, so putting up alts would cost too much, most would upload more works.

#32626 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

if I have full version of a piece on Tunesat, would you recommend putting all the alt versions there aswell?

I generally do as a full, bed and DnB would have different digital fingerprints.

#32629 Reply
    BrianMcGravey
    Participant

I still have the free tunesat account and lately I’ve been doing all of the versions within 1 file. So: main, bed, narrative etc. all as part of the same file. Then if there is a detection I just listen for which version it was. Usually it is no problem to fit in 3-4 edits with tunesat’s allotted file size.

#32630 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

lately I’ve been doing all of the versions within 1 file. So: main, bed, narrative etc

Interesting idea.

#32658 Reply
    RM90
    Participant

Does anyone know if there is an online equivalent to tunesat? Something that detects online use without using Content ID?

#32664 Reply
    UpFromTheSkies
    Participant

2nd on jamming all versions into one file. Much more cost effective!

#33008 Reply
    SasterN

I tried this just a couple of days ago but now I don´t get any detections anymore.

Now I don´t know if i don´t HAVE any detections or if it doesn´t work because I use all alternative mixes in one track (which makes the track up to 10min long).
    Anyone experienced the same issue?

#33009 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Now I don´t know if i don´t HAVE any detections or if it doesn´t work because I use all alternative mixes in one track (which makes the track up to 10min long).

I would think all mixes in one file would create a different digital fingerprint than one mix in a file. Just a guess as I have never tried it.

#33012 Reply
    StevenOBrien
    Participant

2nd on jamming all versions into one file. Much more cost effective

I wonder if you could jam every single track in your catalogue into one giant file. 🙂

I would think all mixes in one file would create a different digital fingerprint than one mix in a file. Just a guess as I have never tried it.

I’d assume they split the file up into tiny sections and fingerprint those, because you have to be able to detect partial uses

#33019 Reply
    SasterN

Yes I agree, sometimes only 7 seconds of a song get used. So what would be the difference between a 2min or a 10min “medley track” with all alternative mixes for being detected by Tunesat?

But still it is not working. Usually I have 1-3 detections a day. Since I made “medley tracks” I haven´t received one single detections (5 days went by since then).

#33487 Reply
    David

Hi!
    What kind of rights does one give up for having Tunesat find their music and get retrieving payments due? Thanks so much

#33488 Reply
    David

Hey Brian,
    The difference between “Bed” and “Narrative” please, especially as would apply to a full song with words and music? Thanks, Love this place.

#33489 Reply
    BrianMcGravey
    Participant

The difference between a “Bed” and “Narrative” version is basically that the “Bed” has less elements than the narrative. Generally a narrative track doesn’t have the melody. So if it is a song with vocals, the narrative version might just be the same thing with vocals muted. A Bed version might just have only the chord progression and bare bones – no excessive instrument fills, no solos, no counter melody etc.

#33490 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

What kind of rights does one give up for having Tunesat find their music and get retrieving payments due?

You don’t give up any rights. Tunesat only detects use, it does NOT collect payments.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Reply #32630 in Alt versions on Tunesat
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us