Amazon sales?

Home Forums General Questions Amazon sales?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ORPM
    Participant

I have a curiosity issue here: my recent GEMA quarterly notifies me of Amazon sales of tracks which are only on my website. Now I do not sell my music on Amazon, never licensed these tracks to them or anybody else and am not selling anything on Amazon, how can I find out who sells my music on Amazon? Smells like another CA suit to me 😉

#35992 Reply
    Philtunes
    Participant

I have had a similar issue…check one of the libraries you may have placed music with . They may well have licensed some of your music …also on Spotify. I did a simple search by asking alexa about one of my tracks called paper lantern….it played and I found I was on a compilation album of ambient tracks..
    Philtunes

#35993 Reply
    Philtunes
    Participant

Following on It was some album called Maha Silence,best ambient tracks. then on another label Beatport….then on Amazon . No idea how that happened..
    Tunesmithy.

#35997 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

If you are on Audiosparx, that could be the source.

#35998 Reply
    johnnyboy
    Participant
    #35999 Reply
    ORPM
    Participant

I am not on audiosparx and the specific tracks are on no other library than my own. It’s not only about the ridiculous amounts apple/amazon pay but its a general issue IMHO. These tracks were never licensed to anybody. The only way these tracks could have gone to amazon is by recording them from the online stream. I don’t want to put voiceovers on my 350 tracks on my website but now I understand why other libs do it 🙂

Btw…Great Piano playing Johnnyboy!! 🙂

#36000 Reply
    johnnyboy
    Participant

That’s strange ORPM. You would think if someone was stealing your music, they’d change the titles. Makes me wonder if my music is safe for streaming only. Thanks for the appreciation of my track.
    Best, John 🙂

#36001 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

It seems odd that someone would steal your music and then make sure that Amazon and GEMA had the information necessary to pay you. Do you sell your music through any non-library sources like CD Baby, Level, or SoundCloud/SoundRain?

Have you actually seen your music for sale on Amazon? In a best case scenario, Alexa is directing traffic to your site and you’re getting paid for those streams.

#36002 Reply
    Philtunes
    Participant

Re Audio sparx, thanks Art…it was through them re the piece .
    Phil

#36003 Reply
    Philtunes
    Participant

This was the piece we did for the animation film for Paper Lantern. It is quite short. Hope you might give it a view.. best wishes Phil. At Tunesmithy studios here in Whitby.

#36004 Reply
    ORPM
    Participant

No sales on CD Baby, Level, or SoundCloud/SoundRain…as I said it was pennies and Gema was not able to help.
    I wish I had copyrighted all my stuff with copyright.gov before it became too expensive. Just because I had done this for 2 CDs in the early 2000s I was eligible to a CA suit against spotify and received nice cheques from this settlement 15 years later.
    Imagine sitting in Germany and receiving snail mail from these class action lawyers, saying I was eligible because somebody put my music on spotify and I had it copyrighted with .gov. I was so surprised.
    I can imagine something similar is going to happen with apple/amazon in the future.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Reply #35992 in Amazon sales?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us