“American Greed” episode placement earnings

Home Forums General Questions “American Greed” episode placement earnings

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    LionWings
    Participant

Hi, I’m in my first year of this industry and just had two tracks air on an episode of the NBC show “American Greed”. One was for 20 sec. and the other 40 sec. My tunesat account has the original episode airing last week and reruns a few times since. I’m curious what I can expect to make off of a placement like this? I know it can be pennies to decent dollars. Anyone have a placement on this show? Will it continue to just cycle and earn every rerun?
    Thanks for your help guys and gals !

#34427 Reply
    casnc

Interested in this, too…I recently had 1:08 of a track in American Greed as well. Obviously tons of variables involved, but any anyone with similar placements I’d love to hear how it looked on the first reported quarter royalty statement.

#34433 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

Hey guys.
    Just a condensed general idea from my last qtr American Greed placements.
    CNBC
    AMERICAN GREED
    8 01:14 $34.22
    3 01:14 $12.77
    1 01:14 $1.85
    2 01:14 $6.50
    AMERICAN GREED
    4 00:20 $4.12
    2 00:20 $1.81
    3 00:20 $2.58
    And it kind of went like that but it’s definitely not scientific and doesn’t say exactly what you’ll get. Number of plays, what hours etc. can make a big difference. In the end it came to around $75 or so. Down at the bottom of my statement they played the same episodes and I got pennies. Not as exciting as you may have hoped but there ya go.This coming statement I got 4 American Greed placements all from 1:30 to the full 2:02. We’ll see. Hope this helps.

#34437 Reply
    LionWings
    Participant

Thanks a bunch Pat!
    The breakdown is about what I was thinking. Although I was really hoping the reruns would get more then pennies!

#34438 Reply
    casnc

Pat,

Thanks for the response! That is interesting, and thank you for taking the time to look that up. Congrats on the longer placements on this statement!

#34439 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

Thanks Lionwings and I wouldn’t worry too much about reruns. They very well could get more than pennies. Still depends on where, when, how much, what time etc. One thing about these pro statements is consistency isn’t it’s strength. Could work in your favor or not. For all I know, my long ones could get less than your short ones. I don’t assume anything with this stuff. 🙂

#34440 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

Glad to help Casnc. I remember when I first started doing this I was anxious for answers like that. For me looking at my statement is always a big deal. Not just for the money but the feeling of accomplishment. Good luck!

#34441 Reply
    LAwriter
    Participant

How ironic to think a composer might get anything other than pennies at best from a show called “American Greed”. Too funny.

#34442 Reply
    Music1234
    Participant

I am pretty shocked by those figures myself. I have watched this show many times for leisure and have always been keen to listen to those “tension filled, mysterious, crimes and investigation” cues. They tend to play for longer periods of time, 45 secs to 90 secs. They also stand out and are a very important part of the overall show. Frankly, I always thought every episode was post scored by one composer. What a shame. These are the same earnings we get for petty reality shows where they just slap “light Pop” and “Quirky comedy” diddy’s on every 20 seconds. American Pickers and Pawn Stars pay similarly and they are shows that just kind of slap cues on with minimal thought given.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Reply #34427 in “American Greed” episode placement earnings
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us