Americas got talent payment ?

Home Forums General Questions Americas got talent payment ?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    adam
    Participant

Hi guys

I noticed that one of the acts on Americas got talent is using my track off pond 5 I don’t think I put a CAE on it and haven’t reg it with my PRO – do you recon I can still get money off the playing from the show ? And if so how should I do it ? I’m with prs in uk .

Many thanks if anyone knows and is itworth while doing , cheers !

#6655 Reply
    Adam

Also want to add my track from pond5 is now being sold on iTunes under the acts name from Americas got talent – that’s illegal right ? And on amazon and other sites … Any idea how to get this stopped or how to contact iTunes and tell them it’s my track ?

#6656 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Yes,very illegal!.

You need to get an attorney involved to send a cease and desist letter. If you had registered the track with your PRO, you could notify them of the infringement, as well.

I would contact iTunes and Amazon and tell them to take it down.  Also try contacting Pond5. Whoever purchased the track is violating Pond5’s licensing agreement.

Good luck.

#6657 Reply
    Adam

Hi michael

Thanks for your reply, your more informed than me. I haven’t reg it with pro as considered the track just an ordinary thing and didn’t expect it to on tv.  Do you know if I reg it now if I’m likely to still get paid – the artist would have known my name and just not my CAE.

Yes just wrote to iTunes asking them to prosecute the person for infringement of iTune terms and also togive me the money he has made selling it

#6658 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

I don’t know anything about PRS. ASCAP and BMI do not like to “look back.”

You should also contact Pond5. The person using your music is violating Pond5’s licensing agreement, by selling it as their own.

#6663 Reply
    Steve

Yeah, that is super illegal.  You should definitely go after them for this.  They bought a LICENSE to USE your track, they didn’t completely buy out your copyright and master.

IF your track got put on the cue sheet, you should still get paid even if the work isn’t registered.  I’ve got quite a few unregistered works that I get paid on every quarter.  However, if these guys are stupid enough to think that they can sell somebody else’s work as their own, then I HIGHLY doubt that they delivered any info to the show for cue sheet purposes.  And if they did, they probably put themselves down as the “writer.”

Sorry to hear this happened to you.  Keep us posted on what happens.

#6664 Reply
    Adam

Yeah really bad ! We need some heavies ?? Anyone on MLR do weights?? I’ve started … Need about ten of us to beef up and sort out probs like this 😉 !!! No more pandering we should be feared by libraries and wanna be rip of people – I’m gonna start on the steroids also – need a kru though !!! Ok will let you know what happens with iTunes – really naughty stuff !

#6668 Reply
    Gus

Hey Adam,

As mentioned before, definitely contact Pond 5 to let them know what’s going on. They’re getting screwed on this as well because these guys probably did not pay the for the correct license.

Interested to see how this develops. Let us know how it goes.

#6707 Reply
    adam

so after having done a dozen emails to itunes – this is crap message they give me….
    The guy selling it as me is from some site called ‘song cast’ – Mike Wright
    I have now emailed him –

We have been in touch with our provider(s) and they disagree with your claim. Apple cannot serve as arbiter for disputes among third parties. Please work with our provider(s) directly to resolve your concern at the email address(s) provided in the attached spreadsheet in the column titled Comments.  We hope this will be resolved amicably.

#6708 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

Adam,

You are focusing on the wrong party. Pond5 is the company that sold your song to the alleged infringer. Pond5 can connect the dots between you and the alleged infringer. Pond5 needs to contact the infringer, send a cease and desist letter, and and revoke the license for your cue.

You also need to check to see if your cue is being sold as a digital download via CDbaby. If so, that is most likely how your cue, if it is yours, got on to iTunes.

#6720 Reply
    smiley J

Sounds tough. I think the damage is done though. I would suggest that you raise your prices and include your PRO info with all of your music. That would stop the problem from happening in the future.

#6739 Reply
    adam
    Participant

Will comment back on this in a bit as nearly sorted out now

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Americas got talent payment ?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us