Another Royalty Ripoff!

Home Forums Share It! Another Royalty Ripoff!

Viewing 4 posts - 71 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Music1234
    Participant

If they don’t file the claim, the performance royalties don’t show up. So I am sure this well known PMA library did their admin/ paper work accurately with BMI. I don’t mind doing this work because I really enjoy earning “double” the money as writer and publisher.

Heck one hour of admin time is certainly worth it when you collect the royalties twice.

Hey Art,
    From I Spot: Single Care
    National Airings

Time to raise hell if you do not get paid in September. I have to believe though that the outcome will be in your favor….I’d inform all PMA leader peeps about this one. This one needs to go straight to the President of BMI today I’d think.

#34355 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

I really enjoy earning “double” the money as writer and publisher.

I do too and that does happen for my for music that’s in RF libraries. I also really enjoy getting paid upfront for my tracks AND getting backend for that music too. So, I do both.

#34357 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Hey all,

Update:

I have been having numerous e-mail exchanges and a long phone conversation with Jackie Simmons, Sr Director of Business Operations at BMI. She has been very open and helpful. According to her, everyone at BMI is very aware of this situation as I am not the only with this problem.

They have had conversations with Numerator about their not tracking all products. Numerator’s response is that they don’t track pharma (or any company) ad campaigns that are generally single product campaigns without any competition. Numerators business is providing data on ad campaigns for competing products. At least that’s how she and I understand it. She has tried contacting iSpot.tv a couple of times to get a demo on their tracking system but has had little response from them. She also promised that they are not letting go of this as they know they need to solve this. She promised to keep me in the loop.

Anyway, that is the latest as I know it.

#35060 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Just as a follow up here are the latest stats on the Singlecare commercial. Still running and no joy from BMI!

Ad ID: 2599040 – 9789 airings.
    Ad ID: 2752477 – 1717 airings.
    Ad ID: 2793074 – 2182 airings.

Viewing 4 posts - 71 through 74 (of 74 total)
Reply To: Another Royalty Ripoff!
Your information: