Any feedback appreciated

Home Forums Critiques Any feedback appreciated

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Danny Truitt
    Participant

I’d like to have input on the three items in the link below. I’m brand new to production music, but I’ve spent a lot of time chasing the commercial song market, mostly in the country genre. I would be glad to have any comments, but my primary question is about the structure. I’ve listened and read a lot, but I’m not sure I’m on track. No need to be subtle, you won’t hurt my feelings. Looking for guidance. I’v just joined Soundcloud, so I’m not at all familiar with it. I hope this link works:

Danny

#24473 Reply
    Paolo

Nice work on those tracks Danny – and no problem with the soundcloud links. You asked specifically about structure – two things jumped out that I’ll share.

I thought the tracks could use an intro – a teaser of sorts. Compare the beginning of your tracks with the tracks in libraries you want to work with. And second, also consider your track lengths as per their end use (stingers, reality TV, sports, etc).

Best of luck!

#24474 Reply
    Danny Truitt
    Participant

Thanks for taking the time to check them out, Paolo. Good advice – and that’s what I need!

#24478 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

These sound nice Danny. They are very weather channel-ish, or cooking or travel show. Most of those don’t pay though. Here are the requirements for a library I recently started with that may help your arrangements.
    “-Start out Sparse
    -Build up by increasing layers of instrumentation to the main hook and or chorus part
    -Break Down (in this part you should include some well placed hits or musical accent points)
    -Build up again to the main hook or chorus part
    -Sting Out (every track must have a sting ending)

If you look at your track file’s waveform, it should visually display all 5 of the above.”

#24479 Reply
    Danny Truitt
    Participant

Excellent! Thank you!

#24481 Reply
    PeteJ
    Participant

Um. Naive question. What is a ‘sting ending’.

#24482 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

What is a ‘sting ending’.

The last note of your piece would be a short note, or chord, with a natural ring out. It would not be a fade out, as typical in many songs, or a sustained (held) note or chord.

#24483 Reply
    PeteJ
    Participant

Ah. Got it. Thanks.

#24485 Reply
    Danny Truitt
    Participant

I think that’s also called a “button” ending in some places, right?

#25279 Reply
    Mike_G_Mullen
    Participant

Nice track Danny. Goes down smooth!

Heard some tracks very similar in feel at a certain gas station where I go. Very well produced. Also tunes with vocals. They are often super short pieces (less than a minute often with endings).

There must be a name for a library type or category in other libraries that carry this flavor of content?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Reply #24478 in Any feedback appreciated
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us