Anyone else doing sound design/sound effects on the side ?

Home Forums General Questions Anyone else doing sound design/sound effects on the side ?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    MichaelL
    Participant

Jay, I would be interested in knowing which library has the $8 limit. I might limit what I send to them. Hmm….let’s see, wink, nod and try an abbreviation.

Cheers,
    Michael

#11276 Reply
    Jay

Some replies get caught in the moderation cue for various reason. Sometimes for links, sometimes for words that might be a partial match for a profanity or just mysterious reasons. Your post has been set free! 🙂

Thanks Art..

As with other areas of this business, it sounds like it takes a a few thousand FX along a substantial investment of time and money, to get a decent return.

Absolutely Michael..the way I look at making $ off of music or SFX through libraries is…it’s worth it if this is something you would do even if you weren’t getting paid..which I was for years and when saw I could make some $ if I applied a little more effort and made some connections I was quite happy..I was a recording geek/DJ long before I picked up a guitar and started writing music/songs..I would be doing this sort of thing with or w/out the $ anyway..Jay

#11277 Reply
    Jay

Jay, I would be interested in knowing which library has the $8 limit. I might limit what I send to them. Hmm….let’s see, wink, nod and try an abbreviation.

Cheers,
    Michael

how’s RV and that’s for short SFX..I’m pretty sure you can get $10. for longer SFX but that’s it..I still find it worth selling there and they do well by me but would love to get up to my average of $16. per SFX…Jay

#11278 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

how’s RV and that’s for short SFX..I’m pretty sure you can get $10. for longer SFX but that’s it..I still find it worth selling there and they do well by me but would love to get up to my average of $16. per SFX…Jay

Recreational Vehicle??? 😛
    Thanks Jay. Yeah that’s probably about right for their market, which is fine if you make it up in volume.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Anyone else doing sound design/sound effects on the side ?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us