anyone have music on season 2 of NY Ink

Home Forums General Questions anyone have music on season 2 of NY Ink

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    euca

Just wondering if anyone has had music on season 2 of NY Ink and if they saw any royalties on the Q212 statements.

I’m asking because I had cues in 5 episodes that all paid out in quarter 1 but nothing in the most recent quarter 2 statements.(april, may and June)

I guess it’s possible but I really find it hard to believe that none of the episodes repeated in that quarter, I know their last show for that season was sometime in March.

I am with ascap and I know they “sometimes” miss usages that don’t show up on their sample surveys but a whole season of repeats seems odd.

#8133 Reply
    Michael Nickolas

Yes, I have a cue on season two, episode eight. Didn’t see anything on today’s ASCAP statement. Hope that helps.

#8135 Reply
    Greg

I had cues on 4 episodes and did not see any $ this last distribtion.

#8136 Reply
    euca

Thanks guys. Yes Michael it does help, thank you.

@Greg
    , are you with ascap or bmi?

I found out earlier that TLC cancelled ny ink right after the last episode aired, but they recently signed it back on for a 3rd season. I guess there may have been some drama going on and TLC  didn’t run any repeats.

It just seemed strange to me, you know how the cable channels repeat these shows so many times!!

Thanks again!

#8137 Reply
    Greg

Yep, ascap here.  Hopefully they will start re-running those.

#8138 Reply
    Sean

I had episodes 5 and 9 with nothing on the latest ASCAP statement for Q2.  However, there are performances showing for Q3.  You can see this if you click on ‘Details’ for the cue that was used.

#8139 Reply
    euca

Thanks Sean. I did not know about the details section, very cool!! That comes in handy.

#8143 Reply
    Advice
    Participant

Same here… I have a cue on a season 2 episode but no payments on this ASCAP statement… Damn… one less cuppa coffee this quarter. 😉

#8146 Reply
    Michael Nickolas

While we’re asking about shows, anyone been on and receive backend for a show called “LO QUE TE PICA”?  

#8147 Reply
    TheOne

I think its MTV Latino or something, don’t expect too much.

#8150 Reply
    Michael Nickolas

Believe me, I know not to expect too much! 🙂 It’s just that I’m on over 30 episodes and some are of good length. ASCAP will probably give me the old “we don’t survey that”…

#8151 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

ASCAP will probably give me the old “we don’t survey that”…

One of the top 10 reasons that I switched to BMI.

#8152 Reply
    euca
    Participant

@michael N. Did you get the email from ascap about how they have started using new digital detection? We shall see how that pans out!!

#8153 Reply
    Greg

I got that email.  Not sure how it works, since I didn’t upload any of my cues when I registered them with ascap.

#8155 Reply
    MichaelL
    Participant

@euca, no, I didn’t get the email. Did they say if TV performances are involved?

BMI is already using digital detection on radio

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Reply To: anyone have music on season 2 of NY Ink
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us