Anyone with experience with Spotify?

Home Forums General Questions Anyone with experience with Spotify?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Pat
    Participant

I just got a “Notice of Compulsory License for Making /Distributing Phonorecords” from the Harry Fox Agency in the mail today on a piece of music I wrote years ago. Spotify is named the licensee, Phonorecord deliveries limited to permanent digital downloads, my name as copyright owner of course and it’s signed by the Spotify officer.
    I’ve never gotten anything like this but it looks like the song will be steaming. I don’t even know where they got the song.
    Any money to be made here?

#26948 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

“Streaming” not “steaming” oops! 🙂

#26949 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

With Spotify you’re talking a low $.005 per stream, at best. I have a dozen albums on there and am slowly, very slowly, seeing my revenue increase. I have 3 tracks on playlists that are getting several hundred streams per day; one just hit 11,000 streams. My revenue comes in thru CD Baby… I’m making, hmm, maybe $10-$15/month now. Pandora is doing much better for me.

#26950 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

Thanks for the info daveydad! Yeah,I googled around a bit and found pretty much what you stated and while every little bit helps, there’s definitely nothing to get excited about here especially over one song.

#26952 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

Yeah, only those who get tens of thousands of streams make much.

#26953 Reply
    Mark_Petrie
    Participant

My payments from streaming have, so far, been ‘steaming’

#26954 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

lol! I get it Mark.

#26955 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

you’d make more from radiosparx/audiosparx. unless you’re ed sheeran spotify is not going to work for you i’d imagine.

#26956 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

That’s ok. Spotify never crossed my mind until I got this notice that an artist wanted included a song I wrote. Other than that, I shoved the notice in my drawer and on with my day. If I happen to get a few bucks great.If not, there was no effort on my part so it doesn’t really matter.

#26963 Reply
    ENW1
    Participant

I received the exact same Harry Fox notice a week ago. I emailed them for more details but they didn’t have much info. to offer.

#26965 Reply
    Jay

you’d make more from radiosparx/audiosparx

definitely..I have music both places and AS does well for me..Spotify eh..not so much..

#27037 Reply
    ENW1
    Participant

Today, I received another Harry Fox “Notice of Intention to Obtain a Compulsory License for Making /Distributing Phonorecords”. Licensee is Spotify. The Label Name is Haley Shaw (okay).The Recording Artist is listed as Haley Shaw. No, I’m the correct Recording Artist. Anybody know anything about Haley Shaw? She seems to have an online presence as a composer. Thanks.

#27038 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

What I found was interesting. I found the “artist” from my HF notice on the website with the title of my song indicated in the notice BUT but actual music was different. Somethings mixed up there.

#27039 Reply
    ENW1
    Participant

Thanks, Pat. Good to know. I’ll email HF again and see if I can figure this out.

#27040 Reply
    Pat
    Participant

I forgot to mention that I got a second notice on a different song and different music company.When I went to their site it was all in Chinese I believe. The translator was only able to translate enough to know it’s possibly a new music site which lists clients it has. Couldn’t find the actual song because of the language barrier.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
Reply To: Reply #26954 in Anyone with experience with Spotify?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us