Anything wrong with semi-blindly submitting music to non-ex libraries?

Home Forums General Questions Anything wrong with semi-blindly submitting music to non-ex libraries?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SirDort
    Participant

Are there any consequences to doing this? There doesn’t appear to be but I don’t know what I am talking about, hence this post.

#33743 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Hi SirDort, what do you mean by semi-blindly? If you’re thinking about submitting without understanding their agreement, their Content ID policy, their reversion clause, their pay structure and all, it’s not a good idea.

#33747 Reply
    Vlad
    Participant

To add to what Michael said: if you value the time that you put into carefully crafting your music, then you owe it to yourself to carefully vet the publishers that you submit to. It’s pretty frustrating to spend a ton of time preparing and sending submissions just to have a library be a complete failure.

#33806 Reply
    SirDort
    Participant

I mean submitting more than signing a contract, which I would be much more careful with. But if I sign with a non-exclusive and it doesn’t go well, isn’t it no harm no foul, or is my common sense leading me wrong here?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reply #33747 in Anything wrong with semi-blindly submitting music to non-ex libraries?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us