Approaching Exclusive Libraries

Home Forums General Questions Approaching Exclusive Libraries

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    maxquaini
    Participant

hello guys,
    I would like to hear feedback from those of you working with exclusive libraries, how did you approached them in the beginning?
    I am referring in particular about PRO registration.
    I am working with one actually, they’ve been listening to my music on Soundcloud (as an “example” of the kind of music I can provide”) with them I just work on briefs so they take care about the whole paperwork process and once it’s done I can find myself as an author on my PRO, as agreed. So everything is fine.
    Now, suppose I am ready with some songs to submit, ready for any exclusive deal, would you suggest to have them recorded on my PRO before submitting? I mean, would this be a “turn off” since the paperwork would be more tricky?
    Indeed when I upload on Pond5 or other non exclusive I do the whole PRO things, but it seems to me the approach with exclusive libraries might be different, any suggestion about it?
    Another thing, would you have a whole album ready to submit? or even few songs maybe with different genres? I mean, might it be more confusing than useful? I often hear that submitting a whole album would be better, since they prefer an album ready, any experience?
    Thank you so much in advance to everyone!

#32133 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Now, suppose I am ready with some songs to submit, ready for any exclusive deal, would you suggest to have them recorded on my PRO before submitting?

No, they will register and they may have their own idea about titling.

#32134 Reply
    maxquaini
    Participant

ok once forever I am fine with it! thanks Art!

#32136 Reply
    Kubed
    Participant

Also, the full album approach is your best bet with the big exclusive libraries. Always check the music releases of the libraries you want to work with thoroughly and you’ll get your answers 😉

#32139 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Always check the music releases of the libraries you want to work with thoroughly

Quite true. More than once I’ve been told “we would take on your album but we just released one in that style”.

#32144 Reply
    BEATSLINGER
    Participant

Quite true. More than once I’ve been told “we would take on your album but we just released one in that style”.

That was happening for me too. Rather than let go though (How I ended up getting in with a really good library)
    “Would it be alright with you if I check back in with you from time-to-time, and show You what I’ve been working on?”

#32152 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Yep, I’ve been doing that. Still a tough nut to crack.

#32354 Reply
    daveydad
    Participant

BTW, I’m noticing more and more non-exclusive libraries going exclusive. I’ve had a couple switch recently…. even one this week that in the past swore against non-exclusive!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Reply #32152 in Approaching Exclusive Libraries
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us