ASCAP and YOUTUBE Settement

Home Forums Commentary ASCAP and YOUTUBE Settement

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Music1234
    Participant

Some highlights from today’s ASCAP statement.

Performing Right > ASCAP > USA
    Credits
    000001 YouTube – Proxy A/V Perf. 0.00000 7.36853 $65.94836
    Total for Internet: Audio & Music Videos – YOUTUBE – PROXY A/V PERFORMANCES: 7.36853 $65.94836

000001 YouTube Settlement 2013-2016 – Proxy A/V Perf. 0.00000 36.89283 $330.19092

Spotify additional interim fees, four Zeros before a 9!

“Track Title” Perfromane type: F – $0.00009

So all in all, I still have no problem with ASCAP. I do not think the others pay better. I was fairly pleased today. TV royalties are still the driving force. Happy to get some of the YOUTUBE settlement. The Spotify scenario seems unusual. It seems like we can collect ultra micro royalties from 3 sources: Spotify, HFA, and the PRO’s…perhaps sound exchange too? I’ll have to give that a shot.

Hulu and Netflix still pay 2 cents a drop! Here is what “internet” streams pay (By the PRO only – keep that in mind) as a summary:

Music User Summary
    Performance Category: Internet: Audio & Music Videos
    Internet: Audio & Music Videos – IHEART ALL ACCESS – – –
    Internet: Audio & Music Videos – IHEART FREE $0.02 – $0.02
    Internet: Audio & Music Videos – IHEART PLUS – – –
    Internet: Audio & Music Videos – Pandora – – –
    Internet: Audio & Music Videos – SPOTIFY – ADDITIONAL – – –
    INTERIM FEES
    Internet: Audio & Music Videos – SPOTIR $0.01 – $0.01
    Internet: Audio & Music Videos – YOUTUBE – AUDIO – – –
    PERFORMANCES
    Internet: Audio & Music Videos – YOUTUBE – PROXY A/V $65.95 – $65.95
    PERFORMANCES
    Internet: Audio & Music Videos – YOUTUBE SETTLEMENT $330.19 – $330.19
    2013-2016 – PROXY A/V PERFS
    Total $396.17 – $396.17

I have no idea how any of this is happening….seems like numbers are just drawn from a hat in terms of what each writer ought to get paid. I also have no idea how some of my tunes are getting on I Heart. LOL! Oh indeed, it’s the wild west out there.

#29779 Reply
    Vlad
    Participant

Any chance you can clarify what the YouTube Settlement actually is? I’m getting paid for it as well yet have no idea what it is.

#29782 Reply
    gkaeding
    Participant

Hi ,

this is ASCAP’s explanation for the payments :

Quote:

ASCAP announced a multi-year agreement with YouTube for performance rights and data collaboration.
    The agreement achieved two important ASCAP goals – it will yield higher overall payments to ASCAP from YouTube and
    the agreement will propel ASCAP’s ongoing transformation strategy to lead the industry toward more accurate and
    reliable data. As part of the agreement, YouTube also agreed to make settlement payments to ASCAP for past periods
    when they were paying ASCAP lower fees on an interim basis.

If you received distributions from ASCAP for identified performances on YouTube
    during the period of January 2013 through December 2016, then you will be paid additional monies for those
    performances, as long as the additional amount is greater than the $5threshold per work. The performances will
    appear on your statement under the heading YouTube Settlement 2013–2016 – Audio Performances.

Also, for the first time, we are striving to compensate you for performances that are unidentifiable by YouTube, such
    as film and television shows. Given the lack of performance information, we are using as a proxy the broadcast and
    cable TV distributions made during the 2013 through 2016 performance period,
    again subject to a $5 threshold per
    work. Your earnings will appear on your statement under the heading
    YouTube Settlement 2013-2016 – Proxy A/V Perfs.
    See the Facts and FAQs for ASCAP members Regarding YouTube Settlement Payments on our website .
    … .

#29783 Reply
    gkaeding
    Participant

Hi ,

this is ASCAP’s info concerning the YOUTUBE payments :

ASCAP announced a multi-year agreement with YouTube for performance rights and data collaboration.
    The agreement achieved two important ASCAP goals – it will yield higher overall payments to ASCAP from YouTube and
    the agreement will propel ASCAP’s ongoing transformation strategy to lead the industry toward more accurate and
    reliable data. As part of the agreement, YouTube also agreed to make settlement payments to ASCAP for past periods
    when they were paying ASCAP lower fees on an interim basis.

If you received distributions from ASCAP for identified performances on YouTube
    during the period of January 2013 through December 2016, then you will be paid additional monies for those
    performances, as long as the additional amount is greater than the $5threshold per work. The performances will
    appear on your statement under the heading YouTube Settlement 2013–2016 – Audio Performances.

Also, for the first time, we are striving to compensate you for performances that are unidentifiable by YouTube, such
    as film and television shows. Given the lack of performance information, we are using as a proxy the broadcast and
    cable TV distributions made during the 2013 through 2016 performance period,
    again subject to a $5 threshold per
    work. Your earnings will appear on your statement under the heading
    YouTube Settlement 2013-2016 – Proxy A/V Perfs.
    See the Facts and FAQs for ASCAP members Regarding YouTube Settlement Payments on our website .

#29786 Reply
    Vlad
    Participant

Okay, thanks for the info!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Reply #29786 in ASCAP and YOUTUBE Settement
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us