ASCAP – Cue sheets not reflected in year to date royalties

Home Forums PROs ASCAP – Cue sheets not reflected in year to date royalties

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SabalSounds
    Participant

Hi all – ASCAP website question.

For those with experience, I see a cue sheet posted in my member account from Q1 2016 and wonder when will I see the $ from the cue sheet under “My Royalties”? Is it updated throughout the year or are all the Q1 amounts posted under “My Royalties” when royalties are distributed in September?

Thanks in advance.

#24863 Reply
    gigdude
    Participant

Look under Distribution Schedule, that payout is
    Monday, October 3, 2016 Domestic Writers
    January, February & March 2016 (1Q16)

#24865 Reply
    SabalSounds
    Participant

Thanks gigdude – so what I’m asking is the royalty amount will not appear in “My Royalties” balance until 10/3/2016?

#24870 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

That’s correct, The “My Royalties”only shows money you have already received. Also note the cue sheet deadlines. If the cue sheet was filed late, you will get paid late. I’m not 100% certain on this, but if the cue sheet is for a small survey only channel, you may get nothing. I have hundreds of tunesat detections on the REELZ channel since 2014, all with cue sheets, that have not paid any royalties except for very small international. I am still waiting for a member services reply about this. But congrats on your placement! I’ll never forget my 1st one.
    I wish you continued success.

#24912 Reply
    SabalSounds
    Participant

@Alan – thanks for the info! Curious to know what ASCAP’s response to you is.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: ASCAP – Cue sheets not reflected in year to date royalties
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us