ASCAP still doing cue sheets?

Home Forums PROs ASCAP still doing cue sheets?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Composer Of Notes
    Participant

Hi; Is ASCAP still doing cue sheets? I haven’t seen one in a couple of months and was wondering how everyone else is doing. Still seeing new episodes, but no new shows.

#31150 Reply
    markholden
    Participant

A cue sheet is the SOLE document that can enable a royalty payment for music in a film/TV/video program. An Inaccurate, incomplete, unauthorized or missing cue sheet is the #1 reason that such royalties are NOT paid. All PROs worldwide deal with cue sheets, and it’s crucial that stakeholders verify that sheets are timely submitted. Furthermore, it’s important to request of your home PRO to provide you copies of the sheets in which your music is used. Performance data can be arbitrarily modified over time, and there are often different sheets formatted for any number of PROs internationally. There are many moving parts, so it’s important that the source info is complete and accurate.

#31151 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

True, there has been a slow down. But it comes and goes I find, so likely a pickup soon. Maybe it’s based on production schedules somehow, but I have no idea…

#35040 Reply
    johnnyboy
    Participant

Cue sheets have not been showing up in my ASCAP Member Access at all this month. Last month 95 cue sheets. Longest period without a cue sheet showing in 5 years. I complained last month about not getting paid for 142 cue sheets. I was a little cranky that day when talking with them. I hope they’re not holding back my cue sheets because of that. Hey, old guys are often cranky.

#35041 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

No cue-sheets showing up and no reply to a message submitted (about a different matter) over a week ago.

#35042 Reply
    johnnyboy
    Participant

Hey Michael! I received an email reply from ASCAP yesterday. They told me that no one was working the message boards. Probably the same for the cue sheets.

#35049 Reply
    Michael Nickolas
    Participant

Thanks, trying my request via an email…

#35051 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

same here. not seen cue sheets from ASCAP in a least a month. i think they’ve given up being a PRO lol.

#35052 Reply
    johnnyboy
    Participant

I just called ASCAP. I was told that they’re still updating cue sheets daily. However, doesn’t seem that way. Maybe some of the shows aren’t sending in cue sheets. I just want to see one cue sheet show up, so I know the cue sheet update is still working.

#35054 Reply
    johnnyboy
    Participant

Just received a cue sheet this morning. So it may be just a slow period, but it is still getting done.

#35068 Reply
    johnnyboy
    Participant

Another cue sheet today. I reckon they’re back to business.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Reply #35040 in ASCAP still doing cue sheets?
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us