ASCAP Work Title Question

Home Forums General Questions ASCAP Work Title Question

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Alan
    Participant

I had a cue sheet show up on ASCAP from Toddlers and Tiaras. The cue sheet listed TITLE-JP  just as it appears in the JP catalog. However, everywhere else on my ASCAP  account the song title is TODDLERS AND TIARAS CUES

Anyone else ever experience this? I called ASCAP and they told me to do an online inquiry. Note, JP has not registered the track yet. Did ASCAP assign the title because the title wasn’t registered?

Is this what happens when a cue sheet is filed with an unregistered track?

#6840 Reply
    euca

Hey Alan, That is exactly what it is. I have quite a few like that from JP placements. It does not effect the royalties, I have been paid for all that are like that.

#6887 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

Thanks Euca. I once had a different non-ex library get the publisher share of a JP placement for a non-registered track. I’m glad to see it going to the rightful owner.

Cheers

#7290 Reply
    Jay

I have a bunch of those titled (show name) cues BUT all the tracks have already been registered by JP? it’s actually getting confusing as I have this one track that’s been used 10 + times on Bravo on several episodes and two shows – these just came in and some cue sheets have been added recently – i’m new to this….can I assume I’ll have a decent payout through ASCAP next quarter? (I sure could use it !)

#7301 Reply
    Michael Nickolas

>i’m new to this….can I assume I’ll have a decent payout through ASCAP next quarter?<

Unfortunately, those cable reality shows JP places on wont pay much. Not sure about others, but my personal experience is an average of $1.50 per placement.

#7302 Reply
    Jay

Michael…I’ve been getting $6,$13 and $35.00 per use (and some others in that range).I had one @ .60 and one @ $1.50 otherwise they’ve been Ok..but next quarter I have a ton of placements and this one song they’re using all over the place is being used as long as 1:30 and 10 times on several episodes on two shows and they’re in repeats and doing marathons with both shows…so that helps right ? – I know the formulas are complicated and no one’s going to give me a definite answer but I should do Ok ? –  and I checked on that song I thought JP already registered (and then registered again under “show” cues) and I was wrong – it was registered once under “show” cues BUT i’m pretty sure another song of mine came in as “show” cues and it was also registered with the JP tag a while back? – I don’t care as long as I get paid…figuring this all out isn’t easy that’s for sure….Jay

#7312 Reply
    Michael Nickolas

Yes, over a minute helps. For the repeats to help it depends on the time of the day. ASCAP computes like this:

Morning, 7:00am – 12:59pm
    Afternoon, 1:00pm – 6:59pm
    Primetime, 7:00pm – 12:59am
    Night, 1:00am – 6:59am

Primetime pays the most and Night the least.

The $35.00 placement you got was probably primetime. The .60 was probably night. I do hope you do well next statement!

Michael

#7313 Reply
    Jay

Thanks Michael…that info definitely helps  🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: ASCAP Work Title Question
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us