ASCAP

Home Forums Commentary ASCAP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Vlad
    Participant

Hey guys,

My ASCAP cue sheet number is all messed up as of today. It’s down several hundred cue sheets and down by 40 different series. Anyone else having the same issue?

Thanks in advance!

#38968 Reply
    RM90
    Participant

I had the same issue, it happens somewhat often. Most of the cue sheets returned today though, along with some new.

#38971 Reply
    yzzman1
    Participant

Evver since they “updated” their cue sheet system – I have the same issue from time to time where the cue sheet count is way off

#38973 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

Same here. It looks like they cleaned up a lot of duplicate cue sheets due to typos, etc. At a glance there are many missing episodes for me. I’ll give it a few days before I compare it to my records.

#38974 Reply
    Vlad
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

They have returned!

#38978 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

same thing happened to me. but as others said i think it was to remove duplicates. mine seems to be back to normal today.

#39006 Reply
    Dannyc
    Participant

anyone know when ASCAP are deciding to pay composers this month?

#39007 Reply
    Vlad
    Participant

Just a guess: it appears that the writer’s payout has been happening on the 11th or 12th of the month. I would think it might happen tomorrow, possibly.

#39008 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

Mine hit the bank yesterday. It was my second best payout ever so I expect I’ll see I got lucky on the survey this time. It’s been a while since the survey gods have smiled upon me. The statements should be out by mid day today.

#39015 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

My payout was $1K more than I would have expected. As predicted above, I had two ASCAP Survey payouts totaling over $1,700. Three 0:28 weekend morning performances on WGN netted $1,300, the other one was about $400. Those probably would have paid about a dollar without the survey hit.
    The Survey is great when you get it, but it’s also infuriating when you go years without hitting that very random lottery.
    I hope all you ASCAP’rs did well.
    Cheers!

#39016 Reply
    gen5020
    Participant

Congrats Alan! could you explain what a “survey payout” is? Appreciate it!
    Dave

#39019 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

could you explain what a “survey payout” is?

I tried to provide links but they were blocked
    https://ascap.com/help/royalties-and-payment/payment/surveys
    the winning lottery tickets are here:
    https://ascap.com/help/royalties-and-payment/payment/cablesurveys

Google is your friend

#39022 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

I tried to provide links but they were blocked

I fixed them Alan.

#39023 Reply
    gen5020
    Participant

Thanks for taking the time to explain it Alan. This just adds on to my ASCAP frustration. You should be paid for every placement…not just the “lottery”! Glad you hit it on this quarter though.

#39024 Reply
    Denbo_17
    Participant

Ha, I only make about 1700 so far this year nice going…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: ASCAP
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us