Asheville, NC Newbie

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Asheville, NC Newbie

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tmasterp
    Participant

Hey there,

Excited to be a part of the community here… even if I am just lurking for a while I am sure I will learn a lot. I joined yesterday (the day before the summer sale of course), and I have been perusing the topics and library reviews.

I am 30 years old, from Detroit originally. I am only about 6 months in to my journey here, I have tried submitting to some libraries before, yet I have never gotten a response. Is there a trick to it that I am missing? I think probably my material was just not ready, as I learn what “good” production music actually is.

Any how hope to make some connections, any NC or MI people say hi.

Taylor

#35165 Reply
    pianohombre
    Participant

Hey Taylor, I’m Judson Hurd based in Wilmington, NC. I love Asheville! I would definitely like to know more about what kind of music you do. What libraries have you been submitting to? If you would like you can post a link to your music for feedback.

#35169 Reply
    Tmasterp
    Participant

Hey Judson! Nice, never been to Wilmington but have some friends from there.

I am focusing on Piano Jazz, and Hip Hop currently. Some experience in Orchestral but its not production music style, too dark. Hoping to get into more marketable Orchestral.

I have tried a small list of libraries a friends manager gave me…

Elias Arts,
    Butter Music & Sound,
    LyricHouse,
    Position Music,
    Manmade,
    Walker

Here is a link to the material I submitted to them

Maybe it was just not the right material or time.

And heres a Soundcloud link to my somewhat recent True Crime Trap project. Let me know what you think! Hopefully its better then the old stuff.

Thanks for listening,
    T

#35173 Reply
    SHorton
    Participant

Love the break in “Frontside Grind”.

#35174 Reply
    pianohombre
    Participant

This is great man, I wouldn’t take it personally for sure. Libraries have different needs. I would just say keep writing and submitting. You’ll find alot of information in this community. Great connecting!

#35176 Reply
    Tmasterp
    Participant

Hey thanks, good to meet you, thanks for listening.

#35177 Reply
    Tmasterp
    Participant

I appreciate it you listening and giving some feedback, hope to hear something of yours soon!

#35294 Reply
    atomater98
    Participant

Hi Both – I’m in Chapel Hill and just joined also. Saw you were both from NC so thought I’d say hi. I focus mostly on indie rock/ indie folk, but once in a while try other styles as well. Building up my catalog and production chops and learning about the world of libraries. Will send a link to some of my tunes later.

AJ

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Reply #35176 in Asheville, NC Newbie
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us