BBC America performance rights amounts

Home Forums General Questions BBC America performance rights amounts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    uniqueplace
    Participant

Hi there,

I just noticed I had a placement in a tv trailer spot on BBC America. It’s a trailer for a show being aired on BBCA. Not a TV spot for a movie in theaters.

30 seconds. How much can I pretend to get for this tv spot everytime it’s being aired?

Best

#34446 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

It’s a trailer for a show being aired on BBCA. Not a TV spot for a movie in theaters.”

Sounds like a Promo and generally no money for those, unless it’s a major network.

#34451 Reply
    uniqueplace
    Participant

Seriously? no PR for promos?

So if I summarize, no rights for advertising unless you do some weird stuff with numerator and blah blah blah
    no rights for promos
    survey method with ASCAP.

Nice.

#34448 Reply
    uniqueplace
    Participant

Thx Art Munson

What ? ?
    So no money for promos. No money for advertising unless you are Hans Zimm,, performance rights based on surveys.

Performance rights really suck in USA, seriously.

#34452 Reply
    audioscott
    Participant

I had a song for the promo for American Pickers a couple years ago for their Christmas special, that was played all the time. No money for that. When I first started, I had a song on the Walking Dead first season, behind the scenes. Played for 1:03. Then I found out you don’t get any royalties for dvd’s. Yes, it sucks! How many dvd’s did that sell?!!

#34454 Reply
    uniqueplace
    Participant

But afterall It might also be due to the publisher you’re working with. I’m with a big name in the industry so I “”””might”””” get something. Will tell you that in a few months…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Reply #34452 in BBC America performance rights amounts
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us