Berklee Online

Home Forums Share It! Berklee Online

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Keith
    Participant

Hello Alan.

I’m going down a path very similar to yours. In your initial post, you mentioned you took some courses at Berklee Online. If you don’t mind me asking, what courses did you take, and how was the quality of teaching?

I’m trying to fill in some gaps in my knowledge, and am considering their course on “Writing and Producing Advertising Music”, as well as a few theory courses where I lack some skills.

Thanks.

-Keith

#31858 Reply
    Alan
    Participant

… If you don’t mind me asking, what courses did you take, and how was the quality of teaching?

Hi Keith,
    Art likes these threads to stay on topic, so maybe it should move to a new one about Berklee Online, but I’ll answer and let him decide.
    I have a “Master Certificate in Music Production and Technology” which is 15 courses. I finished in 2011, so I’m sure there must be improvements since then. Looking back, most all the courses were good. The most helpful courses for me in creating production music were:
    -Producing Music with Reason facilitated by Erik Hawkins. He also has great YouTube channel
    -Critical Listening (Dan Thompson)
    -Audio Mastering Techniques (Jonathan Wyner)
    -Sampling and Audio Production (David Doms)

#31859 Reply
    Art Munson
    Keymaster

Created new topic for Berklee Online.

#32424 Reply
    Atmos_Analog
    Participant

I took the Orchestration 1 and 2 courses many years ago and thought they both were excellent. Ben Newhouse was my Orch 2 instructor and he was great! BMI members get a 10% discount so maybe you can take advantage of that too.

I still listen back to the assignments and my notes to keep the concepts fresh in my mind. Well worth it. I also went to Berklee years ago for synthesis/production and found the quality of instruction to be very high. I’m happy the online courses seem to have the same quality standard.

Have fun!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Berklee Online
Your information:

X

Forgot Password?

Join Us